Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-bp131ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY x360 - 15-bp131ng - just out of warranty and my left hinge has become detached on the monitor side, causing bottom monitor frame to pop out. My laptop was in perfect condition.  No drops or bumps. Light use.  Based on the large number of HP customers that are experiencing this same issue, I can't help but to think this is a HP ENVY x360  hinge manufacturing defect. Do you have a system in place to resolve this or am I on my own and left with a defective laptop?

I would be very grateful to hear from you!

1.png2.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@noter1960,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the hinge assembly and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

HP Recommended

I have been trying to get help from the HP Support as you suggested. However, this has not brought me any further. The computer is quite new, only had light use. I see that many other customers have had the identical issue so there is obviously a fault with this model. I have spent a lot of time trying to get support on HP website but I am going round in circles. Please respond as to how I can get this resolved in Germany. Please do not send a generic response. I have invested in an HP computer which has broken and cannot be used. You owe me the courtesy of a proper solution.

HP Recommended

@noter1960

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

I see you are experiencing defective Hinges on the HP ENVY Notebook. It is a hardware issue on the PC. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for warranty service options.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the repair/service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.