Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have Elitebook Folio 9470m with 1360x768 HD screen (part no. 702871-001) and i want to replace screen with 1600x900 HD+ screen (part no. 708771-001).

So, I'm wondering if i replace the displays will i suffer any problems with my current system configuration and is it even possible to replace screen if it has different resolution from the one that came with laptop at first?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From the Service Manual:

Manual

There is a 1366 x 768 panel and a 1600 x 900 panel and there is only one cable used for either panel so yes, you could replace your panel with the higher resolution model and the screen will display at the right resolution. 

Post back if you need help locating the part or installing. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

From the Service Manual:

Manual

There is a 1366 x 768 panel and a 1600 x 900 panel and there is only one cable used for either panel so yes, you could replace your panel with the higher resolution model and the screen will display at the right resolution. 

Post back if you need help locating the part or installing. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried this with my hp folio 9470m (40pin) but with the 1600x900 screen resolution the screen is blurry/not sharp.

Updated bios and video drivers didn't help. Any ideas?

thx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.