Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

And why not?

Whats the issue? The question is still relevant. 

HP Recommended

I am not going to debate it with you. Happy to answer in your own post.

HP Recommended

I dont think I am that deseparate to find out which dock you are referring to so I am not going to create a new thread just to enquire what *YOU* are using. I dont think it merits a new thread. 

I landed on this thread directly from google while searching for an answer. This thread is highly ranked on google for docks that work with spectre. 

I created a user id just to ask you this question. If there are other people directly landing on this page from google, do you not think it would benefit them from getting all the answers in this thread? Why cant we take advantage of the popularity of this thread? 

Thats a hinderance to the community and people outside of the community who are not forum members and just looking for answers. 

If a new thread was created, it might not rank that well, so taking advantage of this thread by helping the HP customer base for this particular query should actually be encouraged. 

Just my two cents Huffer. You never replied to why you think a new thread would help with that question. 

Cheers. 

alitechno

HP Recommended

And I am not desparate to answer. You asked me to answer. I asked for a minor concession. Not happening. Good luck. I am sure you can figure it out without me. 

HP Recommended

All I am asking is why you want me to create a new thread. Why cant you answer that? Lets forget the dock, I am now just interested in your thoughts about old and new threads. 

Just interested, pardon my ignorance. 

HP Recommended

Forum threads should be one OP asking questions and responses. They should be fresh and timely. Having old threads float to the top is confusing. This Forum is picked up by google prominently. It's all in how you title it. If you started a new thread and gave it a logical title it would be just as prominent and easily found as the old one. And, last but not least, you cannot mark an answer in someone else's thread as "Solution". Solutions get the most prominent google placement of all and get stored in more accessible archive. I don't put up unreasonable barriers to anwering questions. it's what I do ,but I do ask some very minimal cooperation. This is not a job. I am a volunteer and do not feel the need to have to explain myself but there you go. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.