Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

The HP Elite 90W Thunderbolt 3 Dock (1DT93UT) works very well with my Spectre 360 15T following a firmware upgrade on the dock.  Thunderbolt, two simultaneous 4K displays, ethernet and the USB ports run flawlessly, and the  dock has plenty of power to charge the laptop.  I use this system for mobile audio and video production, so place very high demands on it, and I could not be happier with the dock.

HP Recommended

As noted above, I'm using the Dell WD-15 and it is working, but I have a little bit different setup that yours I suspect.

First thing is keyboard/mouse - I am not going through the dock for that, I have a Dell keyboard/mouse combo that has a dongle connection plus two bluetooth connections - I connect to the X360 using Bluetooth not the dock. As an aside, I also have a Dell Latitude 5290 tablet connecting to another WD-15 dock and it too has problems with the dongle connection but works fine with Bluetooth

Next, the external monitors - I don't have a double monitor setup on the X360 but I do know that using good active cables (you didn't mention if you are using DisplayPort or HDMI but comments apply to both) and making sure they are oriented correctly (there is often one end marked source and other monitor or something like that) makes a big difference - I do have dual external monitors on the Dell I mentioned and it diesn't work without the right cables installed the right way.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Thank you! Just ordered it. Can’t wait to try. 

HP Recommended

Thank you! Very helpful. 

HP Recommended

I wonder if there is anyone using the HP Elite 90w Thunderbolt 3 dock with x360 that has the same issue as me.

The dock itself appears to work perfectly, all connected devices work, 2 screens etc etc but I have the simplest of issues in that the power button on the dock won't turn the laptop on.....

I'd be interested to hear if users of the other, non-HP docks also have this problem as if there's no HP fix then I shall need to change docks

HP Recommended

Uninstall the HP System Event Utility to remove this popup.

HP Recommended

Hi, the pluggable dock you link to specifically says in the description

• Most HP systems are not compatible (see above for the most well known compatible model at this time)

Sounds like it worked for the op.  I have the spectre 360 15" I hope it will work with mine.  I'll report back if not.

R

HP Recommended

Yes, HP elite docking station is not compatible with hp specter 360, I tried and failed to have a stable connection.

I would recommend to look to other options.

HP Recommended

I have been using the HP TB 3 docking station for more than a year.  With the firmware update, it works flawlessly with the Spectre 360 (2017 version) -- TB, dual displayport at 4k, ethernet, and USB 3.0 all work together. The 150 W version shown at this link is the one I use https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04959218

HP Recommended

Hi, the Kensington SD4600P dock provides 60W but Spectre x360's charger supplies 65W. Does this dock still charge the laptop? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.