Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Active Pen J4R51AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Active Pen J4R51AA worked fine with my Spectre x360 13 Broadwell. Is is officially supported on the newest generation (Kaby Lake) of this 2 in 1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The HP active pen is not compatible with the new Spectre x360 13t Kaby Lake notebook.

The link below would help you in finding the models which are compatible with the HP active pen.

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05166879

Please let me know if this works!

Cheers! 

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The HP active pen is not compatible with the new Spectre x360 13t Kaby Lake notebook.

The link below would help you in finding the models which are compatible with the HP active pen.

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05166879

Please let me know if this works!

Cheers! 

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Barachiel. Are you aware of any pen devices that would work with the Spectre x360 13t Kaby Lake?

HP Recommended

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.

As of now , there are no pen devices available for Spectre x360 13t Kaby Lake with HP, but you could check with the link provided earlier, as it has all the details you need.

Keep me posted.

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. Would a passive stylus work with this equipment?

HP Recommended

Hi James,

Yes, A passive stylus would work with any device which has a touch panel on it.

Cheers, and keep me posted.

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.