Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion CC134TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI, 

This is Madhav

I had a Question does my laptop has a NVME M.2 SSD slot? What is the Maximum capacity supported? Can I set my M.2 NVME SSD as a bootable Drive? And how to I clone my existing system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes you can use that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Page 2, 26, 43: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493762

Your notebook has M.2 NVMe PCIe 2280 SSD slot. You can put 512GB or 1TB capacity, there's not going to be a limit unless you're willing to spend that much.

You can take out the hard drive, clean install Windows 10 into M.2 SSD after physically putting it into the slot and see if it is booting to Windows. Then remove bootfiles from HDD, plug it into its bay - use it for storage.

Or you can migrate HDD to M.2 SSD, then remove HDD ,plug SSD in to the slot and see if it booting up. If yes, remove boot file from HDD and plug that it too for storage purpose.

HP Recommended

So can I use SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500 GB SSD if I do just a little browsing and transferring files and some rendering?

HP Recommended

Yes you can use that.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.