Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I went to critical and it states that this computer holds 16gb of ram and an SSD drive can be installed.

This computer has 8gb of ram and a 1 TB hard drive I'm not interested in the SSD as of yet only the opening of the back so I can be familiar with the entry of the computer so I can add the SSD drive in at a later date. 

This is why I asked if I could get someone from HP to install the upgrade.

HP Recommended

Your Service Manual:

Manual 

Start on p. 37 for rear cover removal. If you have not worked on a laptop for a while it may seem odd but in the last 3 or 4 years it has become the norm for laptops to be sealed, without any easy customer access panels. Just means you need to remove the whole rear panel. Not that hard to do; I just upgraded an HP laptop yesterday with bigger SSD and more RAM for a friend. 

The two hard parts are getting the rubber strips off the bottom and keeping them in condition  to be reattached and then actually separating the two plastic pieces; i.e. the top cover and base unit. Be sure to have a plastic nonmarring tool to use. And old credit card actually works pretty well but you can buy a spudger kit for a few bucks on amazon.com. A big guitar pick also works well.

This model is not the same number as yours but the insides are the same so this video is very instructional for you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51aRDab3DpA

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

That's what I needed, thank you so much! 

HP Recommended

I opened my HP laptop with ease thank you, but  I couldn't find the M2 slot anywhere I removed the HDD and looked there, nothing, there is however a place on the motherboard that is written SSD, but this looks like a space designated for an SSD Drive and not an M2 stick there are no slots anywhere for a SATA SDD M2 stick unless it is hidden, in the area of the keyboard, covered with the metal portion but I don't believe so, I had thought I found it but it was the wifi plugin, the manual that everyone wants me to look at is NOT the model of my laptop, but I was told they are very similar even HP help gave me the wrong manual and the wrong information about this model computer I am stumped. The model number of the computer is HP 17-ca0xxx not any of these.
17-ca1000 ~ 17-ca1999
17-ca0000 ~ 17-ca0999
17g-cr0000~17g-cr0999
17q-cs0000~17q-cs0999
17z-ca100
17z-ca000

HP Recommended

Can you take a picture because the model series you say are not your laptop would include the number you say yours is. Can you find the exact product number if not the model number?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

HP Recommended

Untitled.jpg

HP Recommended

Ill take photos of the inside later today .

HP Recommended

Waiting for your photo to pass the censors

HP Recommended

Product name : HP Laptop 17-ca0xxx

Product number: 6LM31UA#ABA

Software build ID: 19WW6DLT601#SABA#DABA

Processor name: AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G

Total memory: 8 GB

Motherboard ID: 84D0

They deleted the photo I must have put in information that they deemed sensitive 

I left out the Serial number the BIOS  number and the Keyboard revision 

HP Recommended

This is the laptop:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06261401

This is absolutely the correct Manual:

Manual 

If you disagree what is different about your laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.