Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-CC154TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanna know whether i Have an M2 SSD slot so then I can have 2 storages 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Chapter 1 lists the supported M.2 SSD's.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05705784

It does have a M.2 slot for a SSD and you need to get one with a SATA 3 interface, not NVMe.

HP Recommended

what is sata 3 interface ??

Could you please help me with it 

HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't understand what you want to know.

There are two types of M.2 SSD's...SATA 3 or NVMe.

You need to get one that is SATA 3.

The crucial memory report I posted yesterday shows you exactly what you need to buy.

HP Recommended

I opened my laptop and as I can see it has a space for an nvme, because there is only one gap I mean a separator 

but m2 has 2 gaps

m2m2nvmenvme

HP Recommended

I don't know what to tell you, because the service manual shows that only SATA 3 M.2 SSDs are supported.

So does the crucial report.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/pavilion-15-cc154tx/CT15307669

Configuration ID - CT15307669
Warranty: Limited 5-year
Series: MX500
Product Line: Client SSD
Interface: SATA 6.0Gb/s
Form Factor: M.2 Type 2280
Specs: M.2/NGFF (2280) Single Sided • 560MB/s Read, 510MB/s Write
Density SSD: 500GB
Device Type: Internal Solid State Drive
Unit Height: 2.25mm
Form Factor SSD: M.2
Package Content: M.2 Type 2280 SSD, mounting screws, Acronis® True Image™ for Crucial cloning software

I have never upgraded to one of those before, but I think that either card fits in the slot your notebook has, but only one of them is going to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.