Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15 ek-0019TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there.

I'm a student and I recently bought an Omen 15 (ek-0019TX) laptop, mainly for designing work and a bit of heavy photo/video editing.

It's been two weeks now and the fans have accumulated dust. As you very well know, the new Omen's have a very large fan area on the back, and the dust easily accumulates.(I can provide an image if needed) Simply spraying the vents using the gas can is not helping at all. It's just pushing the dust accumulated on the outer metal mesh cover to go away. What about the inside fans?
So, regarding this, I googled around. Many forums and discussion panels say that "Open the laptop back-cover and then spray the can air directly on the fans."
Now, I have a few questions:
Doesn't opening the laptop void warranty?
How else can I go about cleaning the laptop vents other than just spraying air from the outside using the canned air? (Or is this the only way?)
Thank you.

(I have not yet cleaned the fans yet. I'm trying to figure out other possible ways to clean the fan, and get an official word about opening the back-cover of the laptop to spray canned air on the fans.)
(I'm from Mumbai, India. I've already contacted customer support. They said I need to physically go to the service center.
That's not possible right now, and it isn't practical either to go to a service center every few weeks to clean out the fans.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kills_Eye

You can go ahead and clean the fans and it will not affect your warranty.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kills_Eye

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether opening the laptop back cover will void the warranty.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that opening the back cover will not void the warranty of your computer until and unless you break something inside the computer.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you @The_Fossette

So, I wish to confirm that, opening the back cover of my Omen 15 laptop to clean the fans using the gas can will not void the warranty of the laptop, correct?

I shouldn't be touching any other part or mechanism of the machine, just open the back cover, spray the gas onto the fans and vents to get the dust off and close it back up.
I am really concerned as I have bought this very, very recently. I still haven't cleaned the fans and was searching for an alternative, and so far, have come up with none.

My laptop model is Omen 15 ek-0019TX.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Kills_Eye

You can go ahead and clean the fans and it will not affect your warranty.

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.