Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-dh1006ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can you please tell me if you can replace the SSD in OMEN Laptop - 15-dh1006ur --- now have Samsung MZVLB1T0HBLR-00$00/07 PM981a PCIe® Gen3 x4 M.2 1TB SSD------ то 1TB Kingston Fury Renegade, M.2, PCIe 4.0 Does my motherboard support --- PCI-Express 4.0 x4 interface?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is correct.

PCIe Gen 3.0.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since notebook processors are integral parts of the motherboard, you can look up the M.2 SSD slot's PCIe generation by looking up the processor specs your notebook has.

Intel® Core™ i7-10750H Processor

Under the Expansion Options section on the above link, you will find the PCIe generation is 3.0.

HP Recommended

I correctly found and understood that I only support 3.0?Снимок экрана 2022-11-29 235633.png

HP Recommended

That is correct.

PCIe Gen 3.0.

HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Could you at any point if it's not too much trouble, let me know if you can supplant the SSD in Sign PC - 15-dh1006ur - - - presently have Samsung MZVLB1T0HBLR-00$00/07 PM981a PCIe® Gen3 x4 M.2 1TB SSD- - - - - - то 1TB Kingston Rage Rebel, M.2, PCIe 4.0 Does my motherboard support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.