Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP - Gaming Pavilion 16-a0010nl
FreeDOS

Hi! I'd like to buy the laptop HP - Gaming Pavilion 16-a0010nl because it has a very good hardware. I'd only like to know if it has a 2.5" free slot, in order to add an internal 2 TB HDD, because I find 512 GB not enough for my necessities.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Sorry that I cannot confirm what that model notebook actually has inside.

It wouldn't be a big deal if you could easily buy the couple of spare parts you need, but usually the parts are not available.

Chapter 3, page 16 of the manual has the parts listed but as you can see the bracket cannot be purchased.

You would have to jury rig something to secure the drive.

(4b) Hard drive cable     M02050-001

(4c)Hard drive bracket not available as a spare part

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the service manual, the PC can come configured with dual drive storage but it is highly unlikely that if the notebook is only coming with a 512 GB M.2 SSD, that the parts are not there to add a 2.5" drive.

It would probably be hard to find the parts needed that are listed in chapter 3 of the service manual, if they are missing.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06646125

it would be easier to replace the 512 GB SSD with a 1 TB SSD and reinstall W10 on the larger drive.

HP Recommended

Understood. I saw also a video where a similar PC was disassembled (Pavilion Gaming 16-a0000, while the one I was looking for is the a0010nl) and I saw an HDD on the inside.

I suppose that the internal configuration should be very similar... could you confirm this?

I don't want to replace the SSD with a larger one, due to the costs, and because I need it only for file storage (mainly).

Thank you in advance 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since this is a peer to peer forum, and I don't personally own that model PC, unfortunately I cannot confirm what you will find when you open it up.

Some of the gaming notebooks have a plastic 2.5" blank where a 2.5" drive can be installed, and all of the parts are there, but on your model, I do not know if such a setup exists.  Many have nothing but an empty space.

The video you posted shows that the notebook already came with a 2.5" drive installed, so that would have the necessary parts.

HP Recommended

Understood! I'll wait for someone that could own this computer, otherwise I'll mark your answer as a solution. Many thanks for your help! 🙂

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Sorry that I cannot confirm what that model notebook actually has inside.

It wouldn't be a big deal if you could easily buy the couple of spare parts you need, but usually the parts are not available.

Chapter 3, page 16 of the manual has the parts listed but as you can see the bracket cannot be purchased.

You would have to jury rig something to secure the drive.

(4b) Hard drive cable     M02050-001

(4c)Hard drive bracket not available as a spare part

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.