Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14s Notebook - DK0023AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot (970).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes I see that it is.

I guess the dual channel specs were incorrect, and there would be nothing you can do to make it dual channel.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are some model AMD notebooks that do not run the memory in dual channel mode even if there are matching memory capacities installed (2 x 4 GB for example).

The service manual indicates that dual channel memory is supported in models with the A9 processors, so the only thing I can suggest is that the manual is incorrect.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 14 Laptop PC

Perhaps the manual should have indicated...

DDR4-2400 dual channel support (Ryzen, Athlon processors)
DDR4-1866 single channel support (A9/A6/A4 processors)

Run the free utility that I zipped up and attached below and see what it reports.

See my screen shot where it shows the memory in my PC is running in dual channel mode at the bottom right of the report.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1632320391565.png

HP Recommended

As you can see, my channel is set to single channel.Screenshot (971).png

HP Recommended

Yes I see that it is.

I guess the dual channel specs were incorrect, and there would be nothing you can do to make it dual channel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.