Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-K203tx Notebook Pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have HP ENVY 15-k203TX Notebook PC and it came with preinstalled Windows 8.1 (64-bit) OS, then upgraded to Windows10. At present, planning to do clean install and install "Windows 10 October 2020 Update" 

In Software and drivers for HP Envy Notebook -15-k203tx, only Windows 8.1 and 7 drivers are available. Here is the link --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15-k200-notebook-pc-series/7527530/model/75...

I need drivers for windows 10 like camera, chipset, graphics, firmware, network, etc.

If I install Intel Driver and Support Assistant then it shows updates are available but in description it says "The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations."

Even in driver booster program it shows several updates are available, But confused and doubt whether it is correct and compatible for my device.

Request to reply to this post as early as possible because I need to update to windows 10 October and need to continue with my project.

Thanks for replying in advance.

Bye,

Siva

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Varadar

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are looking for Windows 10 drivers for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that there are no drivers from HP for Windows 10. You need to install and use the Windows 10 generic drivers in case if you are planning to upgrade the operating system.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Windows 10 generic drivers are not perfect. For eg - audio has cracked sound, card reader, microphone and webcam are not working

HP Recommended

@Varadar

Yes, I understand that. However, as informed earlier, there are no drivers for Windows 10 from HP.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If HP doesnt have drivers for his hp model of windows 10 and microsoft drivers are generic.  Then as a customer or user what should do? Whenever i play any audio of video then there is crack sounds in it. But neither HP nor microsoft is providing any solutions towards it.

HP Recommended

@Varadar

I recommend you go back to the original operating system shipped with the computer.

Thanks

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Based on your reply. If i reinstall Windows 8.1 which it came when i purchased this model then after few years windows 8.1 support will get over, similar to Windows XP, Vista, etc. Then after that ?

At least their will be some drivers which will be compatibility with "Windows 10 October 2020 Update". At present i needed sound/audio drivers for Realtek and Beatsaudio because the sound is crackling or background distortion.

Older version of windows 10 1809  were sound was working perfect but after clean installation of Windows 10 October 2020 i am facing sound issues.

HP Recommended

@Varadar

You can install the Windows 10 version where the audio was working fine.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Which driver is compatible for windows 10 from HP SOFTPAQ for my model ? Please provide the link.

HP Recommended

@Varadar

There are no drivers for Windows 10 from HP for your computer. As you have mentioned that it was working fine in a previous version of Windows I asked you to downgrade it to that version.

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.