Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G8 Notebook PC (1T4K6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone,
I am trying to install a dual boot with windows 10 in addition to windows 11 already pre-installed.I have successfully created a partition and then rebooted with the usb memory inserted with boot priority. When the windows installation starts, in the partition selection screen, nothing is displayed, as if there is no hard disk. I read on the forums about disabling fast start and checking that the disk is not raid but the problem persists. who can help me? thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @alessandro19781 

The product number you posted indicates that your notebook comes with an Intel i5-1135G7 processor.

On PC's with the Intel 11th gen core processors, there is an extra step needed to clean install W10/W11 on PC's with the Intel 11th gen core processors...

See the info at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-f2000-laptop-pc-series/35900344/model/35900346/document/c...

Here is the link to the driver you need...

This package contains the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology is designed to provide functionality for the Intel Storage Controllers. The driver improves Serial ATA (SATA) disk performance with Native Command Queuing.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp135501-136000/sp135979.exe 

There is an error in that document, and that is where HP tells you to right click on the Intel driver file and select Extract to

When I ran through the steps, I don't get an Extract to option when I right click on the file.

You will probably have the same issue.  Download and install the free 7-zip file utility from the link below.

The 1st file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

7-Zip (7-zip.org)

Then you can right click on the exe file, select 7-Zip from the menu, and select Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp135979), and copy that folder to your USB flash drive, and continue with the instructions.

Then you can install the drivers and available software from the support page.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

[ I first requested the system information which includes the processor. I let @Paul_Tikkanen go first and discreetly withdraw ]

HP Recommended

Hi, @alessandro19781 

The product number you posted indicates that your notebook comes with an Intel i5-1135G7 processor.

On PC's with the Intel 11th gen core processors, there is an extra step needed to clean install W10/W11 on PC's with the Intel 11th gen core processors...

See the info at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-f2000-laptop-pc-series/35900344/model/35900346/document/c...

Here is the link to the driver you need...

This package contains the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology is designed to provide functionality for the Intel Storage Controllers. The driver improves Serial ATA (SATA) disk performance with Native Command Queuing.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp135501-136000/sp135979.exe 

There is an error in that document, and that is where HP tells you to right click on the Intel driver file and select Extract to

When I ran through the steps, I don't get an Extract to option when I right click on the file.

You will probably have the same issue.  Download and install the free 7-zip file utility from the link below.

The 1st file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

7-Zip (7-zip.org)

Then you can right click on the exe file, select 7-Zip from the menu, and select Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp135979), and copy that folder to your USB flash drive, and continue with the instructions.

Then you can install the drivers and available software from the support page.

HP Recommended

thanks I have already solved!

HP Recommended

thank you for your help. Following your advice I was able to solve. I was doing the same process but I had downloaded the wrong drivers!

If I can ask another question, could you suggest me the best way to make a backup of the operating system only with its drivers? (without apps installed)

thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The only way I know of that you can just make a backup of the OS and drivers would be to do that before installing any apps.

You can use the free Macrium Reflect utility to create a system image of the drive.

You want the software on the left side of the page under the 'Backup at Home' section.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

You should also make the bootable USB recovery drive the software will provide that you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

What I don't know is if you can just backup the W10 partition only, or if you can only back up the entire drive.

If you can only back up the entire drive, that means if you needed to restore it a year from now, you would be happy with the W10 restoration, but all your work on the W11 partition would be gone and replaced with the info that was on there the day you created the system image for W10.

I use the software to do monthly system backups, but I only have one OS installed.

HP Recommended

ok!! Thank you Paul!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.