Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 15-bp010ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have recently bought a transformer-laptop ENVY x360. And just from the very begininning I faced the following problem:
when the laptop is turning and the bios is loading everythings nice, but as soon as the Windows starts to load and later on the keyboard and the touchpad do not work. It seems like they are out of power supply. 

I tried everything, reloading, all possible updates and so on... 

The only solution to have the keyboard and touchpad working - is to turn the laptop at 360 degrees up to the tablet mode (till the magnet on the backside is touched - otherwise it does not help also) and only then on to turn or reload the laptop. If not to do that each time as the laptop is turned on the keyboard is not working and also in the corresponding register for the sensor determining the mode of the laptop/table is rewritten to 0. If tochange it to 1, so that the keyboard was on, after the following reloadings it is rewritten always to 0.

It doesn't seem to be ok situation, particularly for a new laptop less than 2 weeks... Could anyone help me? all the possible drivers, Windows... everything is up-to-date... maybe it's a warranty issue and I can exchange my laptop for a new one?

Thank you all in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @VVBB,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I understand you are having issues with the keyboard and touchpad not working on your HP Envy notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the notebook? Please use this link to help you find this information: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Did you check if the notebook is in Desktop mode or in tablet mode? If the notebook is in Tablet mode then the keyboard would not work

Have you tried to perform a Bios defaults?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Check the settings on the PC to find out if it's in Desktop mode or in Tablet mode, for more assistance, please go through this link: HP Notebook PCs - Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode (Windows 10)

If it's in Desktop mode and still having the issue with the keyboard and touchpad not working, I would suggest here is to perform a Bios defaults

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the computer restarts normally and still having the issue, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @VVBB,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I understand you are having issues with the keyboard and touchpad not working on your HP Envy notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the notebook? Please use this link to help you find this information: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Did you check if the notebook is in Desktop mode or in tablet mode? If the notebook is in Tablet mode then the keyboard would not work

Have you tried to perform a Bios defaults?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Check the settings on the PC to find out if it's in Desktop mode or in Tablet mode, for more assistance, please go through this link: HP Notebook PCs - Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode (Windows 10)

If it's in Desktop mode and still having the issue with the keyboard and touchpad not working, I would suggest here is to perform a Bios defaults

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the computer restarts normally and still having the issue, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Jeet_Singh!

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer!

Exact product number of my laptop (according to HP Assistant is 2HN42EA#ACB).

I tried hard resert of the laptop twice, earlier, it was one of the first thoughts. Right now I also tried your idea about BIOS. Actually it was in default settings, but I still tried it.  Unfortunatelly, it gives no results... 

Concerning "Tablet/Laptop" modes: I suppose you meant the Windows feature for such transformable laptops... no, it's not the case. But what's funny, in tablet mode the keyboard is not turning off. Of course, if the "magic procedure" of turning it round and back is performed before, I described it in previous message. 

I think I should just make a call... But in any case thank you for your assistance!
Have a nice day!

Best regards,
VVBB

HP Recommended

Greetings @VVBB, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, the issue you are facing seems to be a hardware issue, recommend you contact our phone support team to check on the service options available for your computer. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, did you ever receive a solution to this problem?

I am having the exact same issue and I am looking for a solution too!

Please let me know!! 

Thank you much,

CS

HP Recommended

Hi to all!! I'm new in HP's Assistance Webpage...

I register to myself just to try to help people with the solutions that i can bring, and HP's Support do nothing. Is not a battle with you, is just being technical and bring good information without a lot of previous questions...

I'm in the same situation about VVBB, with the Keyboard and Touchpad problem. And i just find that the Driver called: SP82764 (Intel Integrated Sensor Solution), is blocking the functionality. Assume that there is a hardward broken wich is the corresponding to check Tablet mode, when we turn it on 360º. So i think, when this driver is installed, the function is gonna take allways a TabletModeON. So we need to check the corresponding HARDWARE (If you now, tellme please, so i dont need to find it out, but i will)...
I uninstall this soft, and keyboard&touch works again, but no get OFF in tablet HARD mode (360º).

Will analyse the hardware and then reply again... My notebook have a hit in the right corner of the main chasis... so i think is a problem with hardware... Check it too, if you have this same problem and any soft solution appears to works fine...

Tell you in an hours! Cheers

HP Recommended

Hello all together!

Actually no advice or suggestion helped till now. What I am almost sure - in my case it is not a hardware problem. The laptop was brand-new at the moment when the problems appeared i.e. problems appeared just after the first turn on. There were also no signs for any physical influence, no scratches - thus I don't talk even about other evidences.

The only solution in my case was somehow related to "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution" driver - I just switched it off manually and do this each time after any serious updates of Windows. I am not using the tablet mode at all, but at least I case use the laptop as usual laptop. It can not be real solution to the problem, since the price of the laptop was defined also by this nice feature "x360". It's a pity. But since I had no better choice I am living till now with this trade off.

To sum up, I would not absolutely deny hardware problems. But if it is the case this could be only the factory defect, since a brand-new laptop was transported always carefully, no signs ere found to point out hardware impact after the laptop was bought and the problems started just after the first switch on. Giving the laptop to any repair service is unacceptable since they will just open it, scratch and will say me they can't do anything .I am sure with that. Moreover, for this time I will not be able to work without my laptop.

The only hope left for me - some of the further updates will solve this issue. The other signs to believe that this is a software problem - are already new problems with my laptop. Besides the issue discussed here - built-in acoustic system does not work any more (physically the device manager says everything ok, Bluetooth head-phones work nice, but built-in acoustic system gives out only very loud noise), built-in microphone does not work also the same way. Thus, I make a conclusion that this laptop really suffers from the lack for good drivers. It's a pity...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.