Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Product Name: HP Probook 4520s
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I am just wondering whether I can put a eGPU on my HP Probook 4520s to play some of the more modern games and some of the games that are a few years old now on something like high to ultra graphics. I'm thinking something along the line of a NVIDIA GTX 960. I actually even found some GeForce GTX 1050's at a cheaper price so is there a way I could connect something like that to this laptop. It would be cheaper then trying to save for an actual gaming rig at this time. Thank you for any replies its much appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Then I would say don't do it. These things are hit or miss at best. On older laptops before Thunderbolt this is not a mainstream device and the chance you would buy it just to have it disappoint is not small. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You do have an Expresscard/34 port so you could use one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-for-Beast-Expresscard-w-Cable-A...

Good luck with it. If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
Nvidia gpu are not detected and error 12 coming
HP Recommended

So you bought it and tried it already???

HP Recommended
Not my own experience yet.
This problems are on my friend leptop so before i buy egpu whole setup i want to know all problem solution otherwise my money are west!!!
HP Recommended

Then I would say don't do it. These things are hit or miss at best. On older laptops before Thunderbolt this is not a mainstream device and the chance you would buy it just to have it disappoint is not small. 

HP Recommended
Ok thank you
HP Recommended
Yes, you could.
I'm using a nvidia 660 on my probook 4520s via express card.(no error 12, ram 2x4gb 1333hz)
But is not unusual find error 12. So be prepared to buy nando4s setup and follow the steps on egpu.io
I'm using exp gdc expresscard version powerd by a game max 500w.
But you must change the setup on gdc to always on , and start the boot without express attached.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.