cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Egpu on hp 4520s

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Product Name: HP Probook 4520s
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I am just wondering whether I can put a eGPU on my HP Probook 4520s to play some of the more modern games and some of the games that are a few years old now on something like high to ultra graphics. I'm thinking something along the line of a NVIDIA GTX 960. I actually even found some GeForce GTX 1050's at a cheaper price so is there a way I could connect something like that to this laptop. It would be cheaper then trying to save for an actual gaming rig at this time. Thank you for any replies its much appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,913 42,701 6,833 11,949
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You do have an Expresscard/34 port so you could use one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-for-Beast-Expresscard-w-Cable-A...

Good luck with it. If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Nvidia gpu are not detected and error 12 coming
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So you bought it and tried it already???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Not my own experience yet.
This problems are on my friend leptop so before i buy egpu whole setup i want to know all problem solution otherwise my money are west!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then I would say don't do it. These things are hit or miss at best. On older laptops before Thunderbolt this is not a mainstream device and the chance you would buy it just to have it disappoint is not small. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ok thank you
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes, you could.
I'm using a nvidia 660 on my probook 4520s via express card.(no error 12, ram 2x4gb 1333hz)
But is not unusual find error 12. So be prepared to buy nando4s setup and follow the steps on egpu.io
I'm using exp gdc expresscard version powerd by a game max 500w.
But you must change the setup on gdc to always on , and start the boot without express attached.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation