Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 860 g9
Microsoft Windows 11

In advance: It ist only to person who did it in person. It is not a theoritical discussion.

Is there someone who upgraded RAM sucessfully on HP Elitebook 860 g9. I am asking as based on my previous thread seems that its possible on 865 (AMD CPU) but not possible on 860 (Intel CPU).

Waiting for your feedback and in case that someone did it successfully on 860 g9 (Not 865!) then the excat model type of the notebook and the new memory as well as decription of all the steps you did would be helpful. 

Previous post:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Issues-with-RAM-upgrade-on-HP-Elitebook-860-G9/m-p/...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Use guaranteed compatible memory  and you can upgrade the notebook to 64GB of installed memory.

It is not a theoretical discussion or suggestion if a mainstream memory manufacturer guarantees its products to work in the Elitebook 860 G9. 

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/elitebook-860-g9-

Upgrade in pairs of guaranteed compatible memory modules as a best practice.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Please read the related thread linked above before posting something general.

Exactly this didnt work with several different compatible memories in different combinations and HP doesn't have any solution, so I had to return it.

HP Recommended

Oh, I read the thread.

I think that your expectations may not be the same as those of most people who ask for help here.

I hope you have a successful memory upgrade.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.