Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13 aq0020tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

First of all, I can't find someone post anything regarding my new Envy laptop. Actually im just wondering on how to enable the Nvidia MX250 card ? I have set everything on high performance even use some option on nvidia control panel, but it seem like it switches to the integrated card back sometimes.

I notice this when I playing an old moba game called "League of Legends" I notice the FPS were great at the start of the game. After awhile it FPS drop from 120 to like 15 and it wasn't on heavy teamfight at all with no effect and particles. As I peek under task manager it seem like it using the integrated card while. The things is I already plug by AC adapter and still shown same result. At first I though MX250 were this bad as is have hiccup running an old game. Im just playing casually as mostly I do video edition on this laptop.

So is there any settings that will enable using MX250 during AC connected or something like that ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can use the NVIDIA Control panel to set the  NVIDIA MX250 as the default video solution.

Right click an unused spot on the desk and invoke the NVIDIA Control center from the menu that appears.

Essentially, you can follow what is in the HP document at the link in the line below this one.

https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c03519217

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You can use the NVIDIA Control panel to set the  NVIDIA MX250 as the default video solution.

Right click an unused spot on the desk and invoke the NVIDIA Control center from the menu that appears.

Essentially, you can follow what is in the HP document at the link in the line below this one.

https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c03519217

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.