Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY m6 K015dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, after upgrade fromwindows 8 to 10, windows is not starting anymore and i can"t repair.

the only option is therefore to reinstall windows 10  (clean install).

The problem is now that windows 10 doens't see the hard drive , i try to install intel rst driver but no way, the hardrive and partition are not seen. I successfully test the hard drive with bios diagnostic.

Any idea about how to solve this is welcome?

Thanks by advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I final m'y put another harddrive and it is detected by all installer of the différent os.
It seems That Windows 10 corrupted the hd, i use an usb adapter TO plug the old one on another computer, hard drive Was visible , but not initialized. I m not the only one TO have this problem, i received a call from someone Salinger for help.
Thank for your support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at the product specs for your notebook, I do not see that it comes with a DVD drive.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-m6-k000-Sleekbook/5375391/model/5395105/docum...

So, I am assuming you are installing W10 from a USB flash drive?

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to make sure you plug the USB flash drive into the PC's one USB2 port.

It won't install from the USB 3 ports.

HP Recommended

Hi, the problemis not to boot from the usb hard drive, i m a few steps later, the problem is that no hard drive / partition is visible when the installation software shoud ask where to install ,

I tried to load drivers for sata,(intel rapid storage) but none of the ones i found on hp website or intel web site is succeeding to show the drive.

is there any other driver compatible with intel rst ?

Could it be a problem with the content of the hard drive that would be lock by uefi ?

I tried USB DVD with win7 , win 8, win 8.1 and have the same result. i loaded default bios options too, bu no luck ....

HP Recommended

Did you try installing with Legacy mode enabled in the BIOS, which disables secure boot?

If not, give that a try.

If you used the latest RST driver from the Intel website, that would be the one you need based on the chipset your notebook has.

I don't know if the drive controller is set to AHCI or RAID in your model, but if you had checked the box to only install the compatible driver, you would not need to know that info.

HP Recommended

Hi,  i tried everything you said but still no luck and the bios is so poor in option, it look to be a dead end.

i will try to install a linux on it to at least see if it see the hard disk .

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully, you will be able to figure out what the problem is.

HP Recommended
I final m'y put another harddrive and it is detected by all installer of the différent os.
It seems That Windows 10 corrupted the hd, i use an usb adapter TO plug the old one on another computer, hard drive Was visible , but not initialized. I m not the only one TO have this problem, i received a call from someone Salinger for help.
Thank for your support
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.