Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15r 243tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

whenever I try to write the DVD it gives me error that update to latest firmware (all drivers are already updated to latest versions). but I don't have any problems to read the disc. Even if I try to burn as option 1, it gives error as formatting disc can not be completed by windows. please give the solution

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jairaj_Hegde 

Burning and/or formatting a DVD is done in the application you are using to write to the DVD.  HP does not write such apps, so you are either using something provided by Microsoft, or a third-party application.

You would have to contact the support forum for the application you are using as we have no way to debug issues with non-HP applications.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I have posted in the HP forum because it is asking that "the disc wasn't burned successfully. make sure that you have the latest firmware for your CD or DVD burner installed, then try again later. I did not even get any solution even in Microsoft community. please help 

HP Recommended

@Jairaj_Hegde 

HP does not routinely update firmware for CD/DVD devices because that is written by the device manufacturer, not HP.

So, there is nothing you can download from HP.

That message you got is the standard useless stuff that Windows displays when devices fail.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Jairaj_Hegde_0-1608099269418.pngJairaj_Hegde_1-1608099302777.pngJairaj_Hegde_2-1608099348490.pngJairaj_Hegde_3-1608099382493.png

these are the driver details. please help something

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.