Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I own a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-eb0xxx and I have some issue with external displays and Intel Graphics. I'll split the description to a few parts just to be clear to what's happening and what I've already tried.

HDMI:

I have two external monitors that I tried connecting to via HDMI port: HP 24f (Full HD) and Dell U2518D (2560x1440). When I connect to HP monitor all is fine and the port works, however with Dell, there is no signal. It only works when I disable Intel Graphics adapter via Device Manager and fore the HDMI port to use dedicated NVidia graphics card. Is the resolution of Dell monitor too high for Intel graphics or what? Should the laptop switch to dedicated card automatically in that case?

USB-C ports:

I'm trying to have multiple external displays connected, and as far as I understand I should be able to connect monitors via usb-c ports, but that does not work either. In display settings in windows, I can see that monitors are connected, but I cannot modify settings for those.

What I tried:

So I tried a lot of stuff I found while googling: reinstalling drivers (BIOS, graphics cards), checking cables and monitors with other laptops (everything is working), you name it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try and how? I would be very grateful.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@zhirgis

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number of your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette, thanks for getting back to me. The product number of my laptop is 133P8EA#UUW

Short update: looks like my laptop can only support only one external monitor at a time, does not matter how I connect them. If I have one monitor connected via HDMI port it works ok, but if I connect another one via usb-c both stop working. And the same goes if I have one monitor plugged in via usb-c it works ok.

What I want to do is have both of them via different ports, if that's available.

I was thinking of trying a thunderbolt docking station to try and connect everything via one thunderbolt (usb-c) port, however I don't want to waste $300 if it does not work.

Hope this makes some sense.

HP Recommended

@zhirgis

Thank you for the information.

Yes, you can purchase a docking station and connect 2 monitors to the computer.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I mean, yeah, that's one of the possibilities, but shouldn't I be able to connect two monitors via different ports? One HDMI and one thunderbolt?

HP Recommended

@zhirgis

Yes, you should be able to connect two monitors that way. However, it also depends on how much power your computer can provide to the external devices.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So could it be, that because the laptop has a 4k monitor it requires too much power and the laptopcannot provide enough power for multiple external monitors, even if the 135w charger is plugged in?

So how can I be sure that the docking station would suffice? Do you have any recommendations on what docking stations could work?

HP Recommended

@zhirgis

I would recommend using a docking station that uses a power brick.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.