Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with external keyboards. I recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050 and sometimes it repeatedly presses a letter e.g. like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. Sometimes is only stops when I press delete. Another example is that when I press once delete it starts deleting my whole text which is quite exhausting because I always need to search for previous versions of the document as the current one is deleted... Firstly I thought it is a problem with the new keyboard. I reinstalled the driver, I plugged in the dongle in every usb port I have. I ran a malware-scan, spyware-scan and did every advise I read in online forums. I also installed the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse center and tried to change some settings.
I changed to the Logitech keyboard my parents have and the problem still appears!!!! 

So my conclusion is that my computer must have a problem because I tried 3 keyboards (1 microsoft and 2 logitech) and with all keyboards the same problem appears. They can not be faulty because on my parents computer (asus zenbook) all three keyboards work perfectly fine. I did a HP Hardware Diagnostics test with the keyboard and it didn't find any problem there.

I already contacted HP Support but I didn't receive any help there. They were convinced it was a hardware problem with the keyboard and I should check with Microsoft.... Microsoft also couldn't help me because they said I already tried everything they knew. They assumed it must be a problem with my HP computer as the keyboard works on other computers...

I am quite desperate now as I tried a lot of things. Any other ideas what could be the problem or what else I can try?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ili4 

Not run across this myself -- but there is a feature in Windows that allows you to set the keyboard repeat rate -- and that is all I can think of that might help:  https://winaero.com/change-keyboard-repeat-delay-and-rate-in-windows-10/

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried it but unfortunately the problem still appears....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.