Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hey There,

Thanks so much for helping.

I have already solved problem with help of updated drivers on this web page. Updated the infra red camera and hey presto.

Might help others, even for me it was very easy, just click on link and job done!

Thanks again,

Matt.

HP Recommended

Hi @MattHiscox,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in future as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Having the same problem. How do I find the web cam driver on my system?

HP Recommended

Greetings @tpfaeffl

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with the face recognition on your computer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Request you open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Expand Imaging devices, your webcam will be listed there. 

Right-click on it and update the driver. 

This should resolve the issue you are facing. 

If the issue persists, please open Settings from the Windows menu.

Select Accounts and then select Sign-in options. 

Delete the PIN set for the computer and added a new PIN.

Reconfigure the Face recognition. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a HP envy and I always used face recogntion to sign in. Unfortunately, I installed the windows creator update and face recognition stopped working immeidately. At first I was unable to log in at all, but Microsoft fixed it so I could log in with pin and password - pin has stopped working. Microsoft wanted me to ring them and yesterday I spent 4 and a half hours with Microsoft and I am now fearing that I am loosing my mind - the complete waste of time and work I could not do.  To repeat the 4.5 hours was a complete waste of time. All the drivers are up to date, everything is up to date. 

Microsoft connected and did lots of things - nothing worked, nothing fixed the face recognition. They set up a reintall of windows 10 and left that running - when it finally completed the pc would only go into the test account (they set that up, I do not want it), not my account. It took me an hour on the phone to get them to get me back into my own account - after their 'work' yesterday the password could not be entered - the word kept changing to pin in the white box.

I am now been advised that a microsoft level 2 technician will look at the problem on saturday eve but that they may have to do a clean install. To me that is not a solution, my files are all backed up that is not the point - I have vpns and work items set up with assistance with work IT and I cannot do all that again.

I feel really desperate and in despair at windows hello & microsoft. The pin no longer works, the face does not work, the password could not be entered. This is too fragile.

What should I do because I am in despair at this situation. Thank you 

HP Recommended

This is the false information that makes it hard to fix the problem on HP envy of face recognition not working after the Windows Creator update has been installed

1, Device manager check the webcam and the camera both search online and result 'latest driver already installed'.

2. HP support assistance - check for updates - no updates available.

Both of these are not true.

Go to 

HP support website support.hp.com

Find your product

Let hp identify your product

Click on your product

Go to the software and driver results

Driver chipset

Intel Platform ME Firmware Update 1.00 Rev.A 17 Oct 2017 update has to be downloaded

Even though device manager for the webcam and the camera will return the results latest driver installed – when it searches online, that is not true. I believed it was all up to date based on those results - what a fool I was. 

If the device manager search results contained this update the problem would be easier to solve.

What is the point of the device manager and hp support assistant if they cannot identify that an update is needed after windows creator?

Overall I am pleased that face recognition is not working again, I regret the wasted hours and hours on the problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.