Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi! Since 3 weeks, my battery does not charge while the laptop is in use, but charges while closed or in sleep mode. The light where the AC power adapter connects is always lite (white while i use the laptop and orange while the laptop charges when it is closed). 

I did a check and here is the Failure ID I get: GLQFTS-8P6A8K-XD7UQJ-C1AC03.

The Laptop model is: HP-Notebook-15-bs028ca

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Mipar159,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Failure ID GLQFTS-8P6A8K-XD7UQJ-C1AC03 translates to Failure Code 605 or AC Adapter Error. According to the symptoms you mentioned, and the failure code, this is an AC adapter issue.

The AC adapter for the HP Notebook - 15-bs028ca has HP Part number 741553-850. You should be fine reusing the power cord included with the device. 

You can find parts through the HP Parts Store by searching the part number. Please make sure to select the correct country at the top right. HP will also list available authorized parts partners on that page. You'll find the majority of parts available there but it's common for them to be back-ordered or unavailable. The most successful method of finding parts is through online resellers or third parties. 

Please Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I already replaced this part with an original HP AC adapter and the problem still occurs. It seems as if the laptop charges when not in use. I've done many scans and I can't find the cause of this. However, it is annoying that it needs to charge when not in use.

HP Recommended

Usually, in these types of situations, where the device has aged a bit, a battery replacement is the only way to go and I have seen it work on a few occasions. However, it's ultimately up to you if you would like to spend a bit more and invest in a new battery. 

I'll leave the battery replacement information in case you are interested: 

919700-850Battery 3C 31Whr 2.8Ah LI JC

There are also the methods of doing a power reset (holding down the power button for 30 seconds) or uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager but I have never really seen these solutions work, to be honest.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.