Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
X7T74UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The fan runs constantly and runs mainly a high rate of speed. I have disable most start up items.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

>> Finally tracked it down. It is the HP Sulutions Framework. Over 50%

>  What is HP Solutions Framework?

Watch a team of house-builders.  First, they work to put up a frame. Then, they complete the walls & electrical & cabling.

Similarly, HP installs the (software) framework for their (software) solution.

Then, HP installs the solution, namely the HP Support Assistant  software.

Uninstall the HP Support Assistant.

Uninstall the HP Solutions Framework.

Then, measure the CPU usage.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Is this a "fresh" install of Windows 10, where Windows Update is running, trying to download and install the latest security updates, or have you been running Windows 10, with an Internet connection, for at least a few weeks?

Microsoft did release security-updates 4 days ago (Tuesday, June 13) -- always the second Tuesday of each month.

MEASURE, MEASURE, MEASURE.

Start the Windows "Task Manager", and switch to the "Performance" tab.

At the bottom of the window, click to run "Process Monitor".

Again, switch to the "Performance" tab, and look to see which applications are using the highest amount of the CPU resource.

If the CPU is working "hard", it generates extra heat, and the motherboard reacts to the increased temperature by speeding-up the fan, which makes more noise.

Tell us what you see.

HP Recommended

Finally tracked it down. It is the HP Sulutions Framework. Over 50%

HP Recommended

> tracked it down

Welcome to this forum.

For each response helped you, please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon.

Also, for the "best" response, click "Accept As Solution", to reward the volunteer who helped you the most.

HP Recommended

Please respond again as I do not understand. Thanks.

HP Recommended

You did not mention how to fix the problem.

HP Recommended

>>  It is the HP Solutions Framework. Over 50%

> You did not mention how to fix the problem.

Within the Windows "Control Panel", open "Programs", and select and "uninstall" that software, and reboot, and check that the CPU usage should be much lower.

HP Recommended

Last questions, what is HP Solutions Framework?

HP Recommended

>> Finally tracked it down. It is the HP Sulutions Framework. Over 50%

>  What is HP Solutions Framework?

Watch a team of house-builders.  First, they work to put up a frame. Then, they complete the walls & electrical & cabling.

Similarly, HP installs the (software) framework for their (software) solution.

Then, HP installs the solution, namely the HP Support Assistant  software.

Uninstall the HP Support Assistant.

Uninstall the HP Solutions Framework.

Then, measure the CPU usage.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and tried endless solutions.  One of the solutions was removing Apps but this didn`t work because they were part of the Microsoft software so I couldn`t remove them.  I did manage to remove a lot of the games.  But the main culprit was Windows 10 and its endless updates.  Beware: removing these are also a nightmare because it removes updates that are necessary to your pc maintenance.  FINALLY I changed the update times to past midnight when my laptop was shut down.  Because my computer was off my fan didn`t run continuously.  I am able to do searches now with a very quiet computer that functions quietly and properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.