Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17 j015eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So after I updateded Windows 10 to the latest update, my fingerprint won't work anymore. I tried to download the original driver, it won't work. When I swipe my finger over it just keeps blinking but if I hold a finger over it the blinking stops. But when I try to register a finger in Windows Hello or HP Simplepass, it doesn't recognize me swiping my finger over it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nicolaj123dk

System:

HP ENVY 17-j015eo Notebook PC

Eagle Validity Sensor Driver:

File name:  sp63418.exe

(26.2 MB)

(At writing) current HP SimplePass program:

sp76923 HP SimplePass V8.01.62A W7-W10 32/64bitS

@Nicolaj123dk wrote:

So after I updateded Windows 10 to the latest update, my fingerprint won't work anymore. I tried to download the original driver, it won't work. When I swipe my finger over it just keeps blinking but if I hold a finger over it the blinking stops. But when I try to register a finger in Windows Hello or HP Simplepass, it doesn't recognize me swiping my finger over it.

Commentary

• The recommended Eagle Sensor is actually rated for Windows 8.1 (and 8); the driver will work in Windows 10.
  • The supported Series 8 HP SimplePass program is rated from Windows 7 through Windows 10.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  IF you were previously using Series 6 HP SimplePass (any HP SimplePass version 6.x):

• It is time to switch over to the supported Series 8 HP SimplePass program suite.
  • Even if you have an Export file of your webcards (websites / passwords) from that older version of SimplePass, you cannot use (import) the Series 6 .tsd file into Series 8 HP SimplePass.  The two program series are NOT compatible.  There is no encryption conversion program between the two programs.
  • When you switch to the supported version of HP SimplePass, you must create a new database of your websites / passwords.   This means you must create all new fingerprint logins.
  • The new "webcard" Export file is called the Vault in Series 8 HP SimplePass program.  The suffix for the file is ".opi".  The Export process is similar to the older SimplePass program; you Export your Vault entries from within the SimplePass program to the .opi file.  The file is encrypted -- keep it in a safe location.

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Before you perform any of the suggestions provided here (or elsewhere), verify that you can log into your computer using your password.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Optional:

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Create an additional admin style account with a local password that you can use to log into your computer should the need arise (all goes sideways).

See Section:  

• Safe-House Account – Options for Access, Secondary Administrative Account

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

From the document...

Procedure - Update / (Re) Install HP SimplePass

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Start by creating a Restore Point 

See Section 

1. Create Restore Point

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  If any version 6 HP SimplePass is installed

• Uninstall HP SimplePass version 6.x program from Programs and Features >
  • Restart the computer and log in

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  If the installed Validity Sensor Driver is current (as recommended):

1. Uninstall your existing Validity Sensor driver from the Device Manager (do not delete) >
  2. Restart the computer to allow the driver to reinstall

See Section 

1. Reinstall the Existing Fingerprint Driver
    • Option 3A Install Driver from within the Device Manager
      • Method 1: Reinstall Existing Driver

--------------   OR ----------------

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgIf the installed Validity Sensor Driver is outdated (old):

1. Download the Eagle Validity Driver
  2. Uninstall the existing Driver from the Device Manager AND tick the box to Delete the Driver >  
  3. Close all programs >
  4. Shut down the computer > wait several seconds >
  5. Boot the computer and log in >
  6. Install the downloaded driver

See Section

1. Reinstall the Fingerprint Driver
    • Option 3D Delete Driver from Device Manager and Install

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgNext, verify / adjust Windows 10 (fingerprint) logon settings.

See Section

• Order of Events is important
    • Windows 10 logon – Sign-in options

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

If you have not yet done so, after the Windows logon is (again) working, it is time to install HP SimplePass.

See Section

1. (Re)Install HP SimplePass Software
    • Install Series 8 HP SimplePass Software

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Nicolaj123dk

System:

HP ENVY 17-j015eo Notebook PC

Eagle Validity Sensor Driver:

File name:  sp63418.exe

(26.2 MB)

(At writing) current HP SimplePass program:

sp76923 HP SimplePass V8.01.62A W7-W10 32/64bitS

@Nicolaj123dk wrote:

Commentary

• The recommended Eagle Sensor is actually rated for Windows 8.1 (and 8); the driver will work in Windows 10.
  • The supported Series 8 HP SimplePass program is rated from Windows 7 through Windows 10.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  IF you were previously using Series 6 HP SimplePass (any HP SimplePass version 6.x):

• It is time to switch over to the supported Series 8 HP SimplePass program suite.
  • Even if you have an Export file of your webcards (websites / passwords) from that older version of SimplePass, you cannot use (import) the Series 6 .tsd file into Series 8 HP SimplePass.  The two program series are NOT compatible.  There is no encryption conversion program between the two programs.
  • When you switch to the supported version of HP SimplePass, you must create a new database of your websites / passwords.   This means you must create all new fingerprint logins.
  • The new "webcard" Export file is called the Vault in Series 8 HP SimplePass program.  The suffix for the file is ".opi".  The Export process is similar to the older SimplePass program; you Export your Vault entries from within the SimplePass program to the .opi file.  The file is encrypted -- keep it in a safe location.

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Before you perform any of the suggestions provided here (or elsewhere), verify that you can log into your computer using your password.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Optional:

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Create an additional admin style account with a local password that you can use to log into your computer should the need arise (all goes sideways).

See Section:  

• Safe-House Account – Options for Access, Secondary Administrative Account

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

From the document...

Procedure - Update / (Re) Install HP SimplePass

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Start by creating a Restore Point 

See Section 

1. Create Restore Point

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  If any version 6 HP SimplePass is installed

• Uninstall HP SimplePass version 6.x program from Programs and Features >
  • Restart the computer and log in

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  If the installed Validity Sensor Driver is current (as recommended):

1. Uninstall your existing Validity Sensor driver from the Device Manager (do not delete) >
  2. Restart the computer to allow the driver to reinstall

See Section 

1. Reinstall the Existing Fingerprint Driver
    • Option 3A Install Driver from within the Device Manager
      • Method 1: Reinstall Existing Driver

--------------   OR ----------------

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgIf the installed Validity Sensor Driver is outdated (old):

1. Download the Eagle Validity Driver
  2. Uninstall the existing Driver from the Device Manager AND tick the box to Delete the Driver >  
  3. Close all programs >
  4. Shut down the computer > wait several seconds >
  5. Boot the computer and log in >
  6. Install the downloaded driver

See Section

1. Reinstall the Fingerprint Driver
    • Option 3D Delete Driver from Device Manager and Install

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgNext, verify / adjust Windows 10 (fingerprint) logon settings.

See Section

• Order of Events is important
    • Windows 10 logon – Sign-in options

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

If you have not yet done so, after the Windows logon is (again) working, it is time to install HP SimplePass.

See Section

1. (Re)Install HP SimplePass Software
    • Install Series 8 HP SimplePass Software

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.