Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17 j015eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So after I updateded Windows 10 to the latest update, my fingerprint won't work anymore. I tried to download the original driver, it won't work. When I swipe my finger over it just keeps blinking but if I hold a finger over it the blinking stops. But when I try to register a finger in Windows Hello or HP Simplepass, it doesn't recognize me swiping my finger over it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nicolaj123dk

System:

HP ENVY 17-j015eo Notebook PC

Eagle Validity Sensor Driver:

File name:  sp63418.exe

(26.2 MB)

(At writing) current HP SimplePass program:

sp76923 HP SimplePass V8.01.62A W7-W10 32/64bitS

@Nicolaj123dk wrote:

So after I updateded Windows 10 to the latest update, my fingerprint won't work anymore. I tried to download the original driver, it won't work. When I swipe my finger over it just keeps blinking but if I hold a finger over it the blinking stops. But when I try to register a finger in Windows Hello or HP Simplepass, it doesn't recognize me swiping my finger over it.

Commentary

• The recommended Eagle Sensor is actually rated for Windows 8.1 (and 8); the driver will work in Windows 10.
  • The supported Series 8 HP SimplePass program is rated from Windows 7 through Windows 10.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  IF you were previously using Series 6 HP SimplePass (any HP SimplePass version 6.x):

• It is time to switch over to the supported Series 8 HP SimplePass program suite.
  • Even if you have an Export file of your webcards (websites / passwords) from that older version of SimplePass, you cannot use (import) the Series 6 .tsd file into Series 8 HP SimplePass.  The two program series are NOT compatible.  There is no encryption conversion program between the two programs.
  • When you switch to the supported version of HP SimplePass, you must create a new database of your websites / passwords.   This means you must create all new fingerprint logins.
  • The new "webcard" Export file is called the Vault in Series 8 HP SimplePass program.  The suffix for the file is ".opi".  The Export process is similar to the older SimplePass program; you Export your Vault entries from within the SimplePass program to the .opi file.  The file is encrypted -- keep it in a safe location.

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Before you perform any of the suggestions provided here (or elsewhere), verify that you can log into your computer using your password.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Optional:

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Create an additional admin style account with a local password that you can use to log into your computer should the need arise (all goes sideways).

See Section:  

• Safe-House Account – Options for Access, Secondary Administrative Account

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

From the document...

Procedure - Update / (Re) Install HP SimplePass

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Start by creating a Restore Point 

See Section 

1. Create Restore Point

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  If any version 6 HP SimplePass is installed

• Uninstall HP SimplePass version 6.x program from Programs and Features >
  • Restart the computer and log in

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  If the installed Validity Sensor Driver is current (as recommended):

1. Uninstall your existing Validity Sensor driver from the Device Manager (do not delete) >
  2. Restart the computer to allow the driver to reinstall

See Section 

1. Reinstall the Existing Fingerprint Driver
    • Option 3A Install Driver from within the Device Manager
      • Method 1: Reinstall Existing Driver

--------------   OR ----------------

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgIf the installed Validity Sensor Driver is outdated (old):

1. Download the Eagle Validity Driver
  2. Uninstall the existing Driver from the Device Manager AND tick the box to Delete the Driver >  
  3. Close all programs >
  4. Shut down the computer > wait several seconds >
  5. Boot the computer and log in >
  6. Install the downloaded driver

See Section

1. Reinstall the Fingerprint Driver
    • Option 3D Delete Driver from Device Manager and Install

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgNext, verify / adjust Windows 10 (fingerprint) logon settings.

See Section

• Order of Events is important
    • Windows 10 logon – Sign-in options

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

If you have not yet done so, after the Windows logon is (again) working, it is time to install HP SimplePass.

See Section

1. (Re)Install HP SimplePass Software
    • Install Series 8 HP SimplePass Software

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Nicolaj123dk

System:

HP ENVY 17-j015eo Notebook PC

Eagle Validity Sensor Driver:

File name:  sp63418.exe

(26.2 MB)

(At writing) current HP SimplePass program:

sp76923 HP SimplePass V8.01.62A W7-W10 32/64bitS

@Nicolaj123dk wrote:

Commentary

• The recommended Eagle Sensor is actually rated for Windows 8.1 (and 8); the driver will work in Windows 10.
  • The supported Series 8 HP SimplePass program is rated from Windows 7 through Windows 10.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  IF you were previously using Series 6 HP SimplePass (any HP SimplePass version 6.x):

• It is time to switch over to the supported Series 8 HP SimplePass program suite.
  • Even if you have an Export file of your webcards (websites / passwords) from that older version of SimplePass, you cannot use (import) the Series 6 .tsd file into Series 8 HP SimplePass.  The two program series are NOT compatible.  There is no encryption conversion program between the two programs.
  • When you switch to the supported version of HP SimplePass, you must create a new database of your websites / passwords.   This means you must create all new fingerprint logins.
  • The new "webcard" Export file is called the Vault in Series 8 HP SimplePass program.  The suffix for the file is ".opi".  The Export process is similar to the older SimplePass program; you Export your Vault entries from within the SimplePass program to the .opi file.  The file is encrypted -- keep it in a safe location.

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Before you perform any of the suggestions provided here (or elsewhere), verify that you can log into your computer using your password.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Optional:

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Create an additional admin style account with a local password that you can use to log into your computer should the need arise (all goes sideways).

See Section:  

• Safe-House Account – Options for Access, Secondary Administrative Account

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

From the document...

Procedure - Update / (Re) Install HP SimplePass

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  Start by creating a Restore Point 

See Section 

1. Create Restore Point

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  If any version 6 HP SimplePass is installed

• Uninstall HP SimplePass version 6.x program from Programs and Features >
  • Restart the computer and log in

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  If the installed Validity Sensor Driver is current (as recommended):

1. Uninstall your existing Validity Sensor driver from the Device Manager (do not delete) >
  2. Restart the computer to allow the driver to reinstall

See Section 

1. Reinstall the Existing Fingerprint Driver
    • Option 3A Install Driver from within the Device Manager
      • Method 1: Reinstall Existing Driver

--------------   OR ----------------

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgIf the installed Validity Sensor Driver is outdated (old):

1. Download the Eagle Validity Driver
  2. Uninstall the existing Driver from the Device Manager AND tick the box to Delete the Driver >  
  3. Close all programs >
  4. Shut down the computer > wait several seconds >
  5. Boot the computer and log in >
  6. Install the downloaded driver

See Section

1. Reinstall the Fingerprint Driver
    • Option 3D Delete Driver from Device Manager and Install

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgNext, verify / adjust Windows 10 (fingerprint) logon settings.

See Section

• Order of Events is important
    • Windows 10 logon – Sign-in options

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

If you have not yet done so, after the Windows logon is (again) working, it is time to install HP SimplePass.

See Section

1. (Re)Install HP SimplePass Software
    • Install Series 8 HP SimplePass Software

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.