Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 2 in 1

When i leave my device in tablet mode and the screen turns off there is no way to wake the device without flipping it back into pc mode. Model 13-ay0802no

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Vrede

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to wake up the computer from sleep when it is in the tablet mode.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the operating system you are using?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the chipset driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Using Win 10, version 2004.  Bios is updated,  version F.12 Rev.A.  Chipset driver updated to v. 2.07.14.327.

Didn`t find any Chipset driver on HP support page.  Downloaded from AMD.

Still no power button or fingerprint reader in tablet mode.

Thanks

Vrede

HP Recommended

@Vrede

I understand your concerns.

There are no drivers for Windows 10 2004.

However, Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Both windows and hp support assistant are updated. I checked again.

HP Recommended

I have discovered that both the power button and fingerprint reader works in tablet mode when the charger is connected. The problem persists when on battery power. 

HP Recommended

My mistake, it doesent work when charger is connected either. I think the laptop was not in tablet mode.

HP Recommended

@Vrede

Please perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I have now performed a system restore.

Still the same issue.

It seems this is a problem on all amd versions. The forums are littered with people having the exact same issue. 

There is a patch for intel users fixing these issues. When are we getting a patch for amd versions?

Seems unnecessary to go through all these steps when it is a known issue.

HP Recommended

@Vrede

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can conatct the local service center for repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.