Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
I had buyed a used Samsung PM9A1 NVME SSD and took it into my desctop PC.
The seller sayed it is originally from a HP notebook.
I did not found a way to check, it is use the latest firmware and if not how to upgrade it.
Magician 7.1.1 did not want to upgrade it, Samsung and HP web pages does not identify it by serial num.

So the details:
Samsung PM9A1 512GB (MZVL2512HCJQ-00BH1)
Serial num.:  [personal info removed]
Firmware: HPS2NGXH

1. If someone know the way (tools, guide, link, etc.) to upgrade its firmware in my PC, please write me.
2. How can I set it to use PCIe 4.0 interface, instead of PCIe 3.0 (in win 10 or maybe Linux).
     (MSI B550 Tomahawk is my motherboard, so it can PCIe 4.0 as I know)

Best Regards:
Imre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

sp136875 Use this. Fixed it for me. Write speed back to 5000 from 1100. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

sp136875 Use this. Fixed it for me. Write speed back to 5000 from 1100. 

HP Recommended

Hi Mahsapan,

My SSD have no malfunction, it works perfectly (as PCIe 3.0 -> 3569/3494 MB/s R/W).
The problem is:

I can not found a way/tool to check its firmware version against critical upgrades.
It was an (OEM) part of a HP notebook and neither Samsung nor HP does not want to treat it as own.
Best Regards,
Imre

HP Recommended

Thank you Mahsapan,
finally I found and donwload the tool what you offer me.
It had changed my firmware from HPS2NGXH to HPS3NGXH.
I guess it works only for HP OEM PM9A1 SSDs.
It would be better if HP let download it by model/serial number for everyone like Dell.
Best Regards,
Imre

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.