Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

If you're using a USB hub, or have mixed 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports, 

then, before touching registry, power settings, troubleshooting, and drivers, 

just try plugging your USB device directly into the 3.0 port. 

Worked for me 🙂

HP Recommended

I tried all the options still experiencing the same problem 

HP Recommended

Tried all the options provided but still experiencing the same problem

(Device Descriptor Request Failed)

HP Recommended

Has anyone got proven and permanent soltion for this error? I tried everything as mentioned in this thread but no help. Even followed few more guides but they doesn't seem to be providing permanent solution.

HP Recommended

Keep your webcam device or any other device connected and plugged into your USB. Go to 'Device Manager' and delete the 'Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller' or the yellow triangle error device that shows on your 'Device Manager' interface. Then shutdown and restart your PC. This should have restored your device and it will now be activated again, if not then re-install the software that came with your device over its existing software, if this does not solve the error, ensure you have no unapproved software on your PC so best to check with a reputable tool like Malwarebytes in case of rootkits or trojans/PUPS to ensure your PC has not been contaminated or registry files corrupted which would stop devices working efficiently.

Hope this tutorial helps somewhat.

Peter James
HP Recommended

I just did all these steps, but problem comes back when I unplug my phone and plug it back in. Part of me wants to say it's the cord, I've heard certain cords won't allow more than just charging to a computer, but I have a 2nd cord (Same exact one just a different color) that does allow a full connection.

HP Recommended

What operating system are you using? And kindly supply the error message you got please.

Peter James
HP Recommended

*Now clean the registry with a reputable program such as CCleaner then take a note of the device/s name and select 'run' from the Windows menu list bottom left.
Type 'regedit' without the apostrophes and open the registry.
Select 'Edit' then Search... and type the brand name of the device in the search bar.
The search results will point you to a series of strings of the device that was giving the *(device descriptor request failed) code 43* error message.
Every string in the registry with the name of your device will need to be deleted but ensure it is the device's name from which was generating this error example; Logitech, Seagate, whatever brands device name that has generated this error code!*

Could you please explain more about this step? where I can take a note of the device/s name?
and more furute explain in that part? Thank you again

HP Recommended

You have not even informed what problem you have? Is it a mobile to PC or webcam what device are you connecting? Do you know the brand name of the device and what operating system are you running?

Peter James
HP Recommended

Peter,I have tried all of these fixes and none of them work. Any other suggestions? I have Windows 10, HP Touch All In One.and my problem is with the touch HID. I started having problems with my touch when Microsoft installed KB4100347 way back in Sept, which I have deleted from my pc several times because it keeps updating even tho I have blocked this particular update. However the damage was done, as the saying goes. I have been using the Device Manager to correct this but the touch screen only lasts for a couple of hours. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.