Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 440 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have problem with Fn lock function and Fn + Fxx functionality. Now Fn works in inverse manner and Fn lock not working at all. Changing BIOS settings has no effect.

Note: I'm upgraded my new notebook from preinstalled FreeDOS to my own copy of latest (1903) Windows 10 Pro. Then I've downloaded HP Support Assistant and installed all HP software including HP Hotkey Support (HP Inc. - 6.2.50.1).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've found solution: it is latest BIOS 01.03.00 firmware problem. After rollback to 01.02.00 Fn lock begin works properly.

Seems HP QA  owe me pair beers 🙂

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I've found solution: it is latest BIOS 01.03.00 firmware problem. After rollback to 01.02.00 Fn lock begin works properly.

Seems HP QA  owe me pair beers 🙂

HP Recommended

How I can to downgrade the BIOS especially if I don't have a backup? Can I download previous version of BIOS installer and use it?

HP Recommended

HP provides separate installers without restrictions - they do all things perfectly. I've do tthis twice - first of all i've instaled fresh version with Fn bug, then downgraded to previous.

HP Recommended

I can't find the link to previous BIOS. 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Choose your OS here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-440-g6-notebook-pc/23200928

Then go to BIOS->Details->See full details->Revision History.

May be you don't need to choose OS for BIOS upgrade utility, but i've do it.

HP Recommended

Thanks for this! Rolling back the bios from 01.03.00 to 01.02.00 indeed fixed the fn lock function.

HP Recommended

We have here HP Probook 450 G6. It came with BIOS version 1.2.xx (xx was for sure not 00, but I don't remember exact number). After upgrading to 1.3.00 FN LOCK function is not working, FN led stays off.

After BIOS downgrade back to 1.2.00, Windows 10 IS UNABLE TO BOOT. It freeze on HP logo screen with Windows 10 dots.

Windows will boot only in SAFE mode. Even Windows setup will not boot.

So downgrade is not solution to us. We are often using Fxx keys, so working FN LOCK is a must.

HP Recommended

Hmmm, freezing can be caused by some HP drivers. You can investigate sys logs, try to find workaround disable some services or drivers... In another words try to dance with magic toubourine with unpredictable resaults.

But simply claim HP support to fix buggy BIOS!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.