Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fn lock not working

HP ProBook 440 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have problem with Fn lock function and Fn + Fxx functionality. Now Fn works in inverse manner and Fn lock not working at all. Changing BIOS settings has no effect.

Note: I'm upgraded my new notebook from preinstalled FreeDOS to my own copy of latest (1903) Windows 10 Pro. Then I've downloaded HP Support Assistant and installed all HP software including HP Hotkey Support (HP Inc. - 6.2.50.1).

12 REPLIES 12
Intern
Intern
8 6 2 6
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fn lock not working

I've found solution: it is latest BIOS 01.03.00 firmware problem. After rollback to 01.02.00 Fn lock begin works properly.

Seems HP QA  owe me pair beers 🙂

MadMax74 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fn lock not working

How I can to downgrade the BIOS especially if I don't have a backup? Can I download previous version of BIOS installer and use it?

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
8 6 2 6
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fn lock not working

HP provides separate installers without restrictions - they do all things perfectly. I've do tthis twice - first of all i've instaled fresh version with Fn bug, then downgraded to previous.

0 Kudos
MadMax74 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fn lock not working

I can't find the link to previous BIOS. 

0 Kudos
AndrasKralik Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fn lock not working

Intern
Intern
8 6 2 6
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fn lock not working

Choose your OS here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-440-g6-notebook-pc/23200928

Then go to BIOS->Details->See full details->Revision History.

May be you don't need to choose OS for BIOS upgrade utility, but i've do it.

bryan87 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fn lock not working

Thanks for this! Rolling back the bios from 01.03.00 to 01.02.00 indeed fixed the fn lock function.

0 Kudos
-Houston Tutor
Tutor
9 9 0 2
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fn lock not working

We have here HP Probook 450 G6. It came with BIOS version 1.2.xx (xx was for sure not 00, but I don't remember exact number). After upgrading to 1.3.00 FN LOCK function is not working, FN led stays off.

After BIOS downgrade back to 1.2.00, Windows 10 IS UNABLE TO BOOT. It freeze on HP logo screen with Windows 10 dots.

Windows will boot only in SAFE mode. Even Windows setup will not boot.

So downgrade is not solution to us. We are often using Fxx keys, so working FN LOCK is a must.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
8 6 2 6
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fn lock not working

Hmmm, freezing can be caused by some HP drivers. You can investigate sys logs, try to find workaround disable some services or drivers... In another words try to dance with magic toubourine with unpredictable resaults.

But simply claim HP support to fix buggy BIOS!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation