Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh0002ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to use a dockingstation for my HP OMEN 15-dh0002ng.
The HP Dockingstation G5 with USB-C works fine but doesn't provide a power supply.
For this reason I'm thinking about the G2 230W Dockingstation with the splitable combo cable.

https://store.hp.com/GermanyStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=3TR87AA&opt=ABB&sel=ACC&lang=de-DE&pup_e=1&p... 

Does anybody know how the power jack is called for the HP Omen and the G2 Dockingstation (Type of Plug / Diameter etc.). I can't find the specification of the plug itself. I think the power supply for the OMEN has as 4.5x2.8mm coaxial power connector, but I'm not 100% sure.

Looking in the specifications of the dockingstation the OMENs are not supported but this doesn't mean anything, cause HP doesn't always know about their own products 😉 and the G5 works fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, solved it! 😀

There was something wrong with one displayport cable. Exchanging this solved the issue and now both monitors are connected.

So I can confirm:

• The HP Dockingstation G5 USB-C and the HP Thunderbolt Dockingstation G2 230W are compatible with HP OMEN15-dh0002ng.
  • Further the HP Power connector for the current HP OMEN Series (2019) and the zBooks is an 4.5 x 2.8 mm coaxial jack.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Ok,
I have the HP Dockingstation G5 with USB-C and the G2 thunderbolt.
The Poweradapter fits to the OMEN Laptop and is the 4.5x2.8mm coaxial power connector,.
So far so good, but there is one thing.
The G5 dock supports two screens using my OMEN 15-dh0002ng, while with the G2 I can only connect to one.
I don't knwo why this is the case cause looking to the specifications the OMEN supports Thunderbolt and it also tells me that it is connected via Thunderbolt to the dock. So I don't see any reason why this shoundn't work, but it doesn't.

HP Recommended

Ok, solved it! 😀

There was something wrong with one displayport cable. Exchanging this solved the issue and now both monitors are connected.

So I can confirm:

• The HP Dockingstation G5 USB-C and the HP Thunderbolt Dockingstation G2 230W are compatible with HP OMEN15-dh0002ng.
  • Further the HP Power connector for the current HP OMEN Series (2019) and the zBooks is an 4.5 x 2.8 mm coaxial jack.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.