Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HPW DO I TURN ON A G62 NOTEBOOK PC WHICH REFUSED TO TURN ON AFTER TURNING IT OFF.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Try a hard reset as follows:

1) Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.
2) Press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
3) Plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)
4) Press the power button

Please post your positive or negative results here in your thread.

Regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, i have same problem with my notebook HP g62.

Notebook turn off after turn on for few second. In first time of this problem i withdraw bios battery from connector and connect again and laptop start well for 1 month. I buy from internet new bios battery and plug in laptop. 4 days starts well, but still wrote on start - battery is low and change for new one. After 4 days i have same problem again.

Can you help me please?

P.S. I tried it this upper tip and still same.  :Crying:

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello Harsik,

You state your computer will not turn on, is that correct? I will try to help you as best I can.

Can you please provide the full model of the G62 that you have, if you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this document for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Hi RedRose, thank you for response.

My laptop is HP G62-b30SC .

Problem is when I Turn On my laptop so after few seconds (3-6) is Turn Off.

First time of indicate of this problem (1 month) I does unplug cmos battery and plug battery back. Then my laptop start normaly 1 month. I think, that battery is weak, so I buy new one a replace batteries. After change cmos battery on start wrote bios - low battery, change. After 4 days I can't start my lapotop again.

I tried :

1. start without cmos battery and with cmos battery - NOK

2. hard reset with tip from erico - your kudos expert - NOK

3. try another power supply - NOK

4. slapping my head against the wall - OK - I did not feel anything  :generic:

Is possible, there is some hardware problem or something with BIOS. I don't know.

Please help

Thank you

HP Recommended

Harsik,

It is possible that it might be a hardware issue. When you plug in the AC adapter does the small LED light glow on the side?

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

When I plug in adapter then led diod blinking red-blue . If I remove main laptop battery, then led diod glow blue still. Battery may be bad.

HP Recommended

ENG-MWENYA,

Because you have swapped out the battery and AC adapter multiple times. You can try using a multimeter to test the DC power jack input. Here is a video that will show you how, and here is the service manual for your computer. The steps to access the DC power jack is on page 67.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Adapter give 19,7 V - OK .

I am going measure inside notebook. Give me 15 minutes.

Thx

HP Recommended

Ok, adapter gives 19,7V and connector inside notebook gives too 19,7 V

So voltage is OK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.