Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15t-dc000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system is showing signs of GPU failure. I understand I can't replace the GPU without replacing the entire system board. If I have to replace the system board, I may as well upgrade.

What boards will replace/upgrade L24331-601 without having to replace any other components (ie it will fit in the laptop shell (USB ports, and all plugs in the same place), and the original RAM, HDD, etc will still work with it?

The L24331-601 system board is the Intel Core i7-8750H processor with GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4 GB.

It would be nice to upgrade to a VR compatible GPU.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@aezea 

You have to replace the whole system board. Page 53 of the following manual shows you a list

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06219881.pdf

Depending on the video card (GPU) you may have to buy a new charger (as shown on page 10).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I had found the manual and the list of boards in it. I wanted to make sure any of those boards would fit in the existing housing, so all the USB and other ports will be in the same locations, and also that any configuration of modules on the board wouldn't be too large to fit in the existing housing.

So... I can use the same housing, hdd, fans and battery, with any of the boards listed.

Thanks for your help 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.