Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion 14-ce3xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We recently bought this notebook but then few weeks later i started seeing this gap in the screen and its casing. I noticed there is some glue or adhesive in it. Im worried that the gap gets bigger. is this something to be alarmed about? should we take this in HP stores for a check - up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Iced

The computer needs to be checked physically to determine the exact issue. I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Iced

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Could you please share the picture of the screen casing?
  • Are you able to use the computer in this condition?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am able to use my laptop with this condition. And here's the picture of it. There seems to be an adhesive wearing off.121531519_837462900349540_3681103245046469903_n.jpg121739696_834953883972960_3944625432148005085_n.jpg

HP Recommended

@Iced

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

is this a serious problem tho? because I recently just bought this and it  hasnt been a month. This is quite disappointing  if it entails too much fix. 

HP Recommended

@Iced

Yes, it is a serious issue and I recommend you contact support and check for the available service options for your computer.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

is this a factory defect? because I just literally bought this and it hasn't been a month.

HP Recommended

@Iced

The computer needs to be checked physically to determine the exact issue. I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have brought it to the HP support in our place and they just said that nothing can be done and just leave it the way it is. Because it's just an adhesive tape holding the screen and casing. They said that if we open it up it would make the gap bigger and i find that weird because they cant find any solutions to fix it. should I just believe them though?

HP Recommended

@Iced

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.