Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: ENVY 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Laptop product name is: 169R2PA#AB2

So is my laptop is Genuine or Refurbished. 

If your answer is Refurbished. What is Refurbished explain briefly 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Natnael1 

Refurbishing is renovating a used PC by replacing worn or broken parts to make it look and work like new.  This is most often done by companies that specialize in this and then resell the PCs.  The reputable ones clearly indicate the PC is refurbished so you know you are getting used equipment; the disreputable ones attempt to pass them off as new.

The other major difference is that refurbished PC only come with a warranty from the reseller, NOT from HP -- and that warranty is generally very short, typically 30 days, not the HP one year.

IF you are not certain about yours, demand to know the warranty period from where you bought it -- that will be a clue.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @Natnael1 

I will also add that your notebook was not refurbished by HP.

You can tell if a notebook was refurbished by HP by looking at the product number...

169R2PA#AB2

If the PC was refurbished by HP, the product number would have been: 169R2PAR#AB2

The 'R' stands for refurbished.

So, if you bought the PC new from HP or another reseller, it was not refurbished according to the product number you posted.

This is your PC's specs according to the product number you posted.  Seems genuine and new to me by looking at the specs.

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c06629687

HP Recommended

Where did you purchase it from?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi bro, I bought from China mainland HP store 

But one guy from the hp community replied to me like this :

You can tell if a notebook was refurbished by HP by looking at the product number...

169R2PA#AB2

If the PC was refurbished by HP, the product number would have been: 169R2PAR#AB2

The 'R' stands for refurbished.

So, if you bought the PC new from HP or another reseller, it was not refurbished according to the product number you posted.

This is your PC's specs according to the product number you posted.  Seems genuine and new to me by looking at the specs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.