Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
3ww57ua
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. 

I bought this laptop and it cane with 128gb SSD ,  i opened it up and it does have a room for hdd (which is obviously empty since i got ssd)   , but it doesnt have a hdd caddy/bracket/rubber and a hdd connector. 

I did call hp and after 30 min on the phone was able to find only the cabel part number which is 

L20103-001 hp hdd cable 

But rep on the phone advised that he dont have a number for hdd kit. 

So the question of the month is... 

Whats the part number ?   Help is appreciated. Thank youScreenshot_20181106-110601_Gallery.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Manual:

Service Manual

(5b) Hard drive rubber sleeve L21894-001 (5c) Hard drive cable L20103-001

You need both of the above parts in order to install a 2.5 inch disk. 

These parts starting with "L" have proven very very hard to locate. Not available from the HP Parts Store:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=C5F0F090D44C45CE8F5C581077BB55DB&SearchIn=P...

Post back if you want us to keep trying to find the parts and we need to know where you live (country). 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Here is the Manual:

Service Manual

(5b) Hard drive rubber sleeve L21894-001 (5c) Hard drive cable L20103-001

You need both of the above parts in order to install a 2.5 inch disk. 

These parts starting with "L" have proven very very hard to locate. Not available from the HP Parts Store:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=C5F0F090D44C45CE8F5C581077BB55DB&SearchIn=P...

Post back if you want us to keep trying to find the parts and we need to know where you live (country). 

HP Recommended

Thank you that was what i needed. Screenshot_20181107-222640_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20181107-222740_Drive.jpg

HP Recommended

Did you ever find these parts? Were you able to purchase them? I am in the same boat and need these parts to add another SSD harddrive to my Envy x360 15z-cp000 but cannot find them anywhere. Impact computers says they have the L20103 cable but upon ordering the order is canceled due to product not being available. Is there a substitue part that would work? ANY guidance would be appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Well  , not yet , i just bought a cable and a caddy , gonna order a HDD sometime soon.   I got it from a different model but it looks like it all should fit and work.  

Once i make an attempt i will post back. 

HP Recommended

UPDATE: 

This happened.  Got the hard drive installed without any problem.  Had to bend the sata connector wire a little bit , but everything works perfectly.  Screenshot_20181126-231432_Gallery.jpg

HP Recommended

Could you please let me know of which HDD cable and Caddy you purchased?

HP Recommended

@Belarus27, can you please post what bracket and cable part numbers you used to make this a sucess. I know many folks would like to know. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

As far as caddy you can use any rubber one from different envy360 models  mine was from 15m models.

But here is the cable part number that worked

450.0BX02.0001 GLP

HP Recommended

Thank you Belarus27. I Have ordered that cable and will try it soon. I ordered it from Impact Computers. Here is the link and the HP part number associated with it:

https://www.impactcomputers.com/924326-001.html

HP part number: 924326-001

Happy computing!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.