Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I used HP part number 924326-001 from Impact Computers. It worked great however it is a tight fit as the cable needs to be a little bit longer. It does work though and my wife has been using the laptop for grad school work with no issues. She carts the laptop around to classes and group project meetings regularly and the cable has not come loose. Hope you find this helpful. Thanks.

-Travis

HP Recommended

Hello,

I stumbled across this topic while trying to find information about how to get a caddy/cable for a second HDD in my Envy x360 15-cn0003nf and it helped me a lot. If anyone ever finds this thread (as I did) and is interested in getting one as well here's the info I could gather:

I noticed that a lot of different HDD cables I could find on the internet have a similar code that matches similar laptops models ranges, like '450.0ED02.0001' (which is the one matching my laptop model - i.e. 15-cnxxxx in my case, and possibly others). All you have to do is find the proper cable code for your model range and then with that code you can easily find a cable that will (theoretically) fit in your laptop.

I finally managed to find and order the perfect cable and caddie from Amazon. Here's the exact reference I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KR4YD9Z/

(got shipped in 3 days in France with tracked delivery)

For the record you actually get the cable and the caddie. WYSIWYG, basically. It was perfectly suited for my Envy 15-cn0003nf. When installing it be careful not to bend the cable too much (its size is close to too short!), and to plug it in correctly on the MB connector. Only thing is that the caddie with the rubber bands is almost too narrow to fit so it was wiggling a bit in the drive space - I therefore added 3 small pieces of rubber seals on one side so everything stays in place (as you can see on the picture, on the left of the drive). All in all it's all good. Hope this helps!

IMG_9348.jpg  IMG_9357.jpg

HP Recommended

I recently got HP Envy x360 15-CP0053CL.

This model also doesn't have the SATA cable and the HDD bracket. It only comes with 256GB SSD. And I wanted to add an additional HDD to this laptop. 

I bought the cable 450.0ED02.0001 and added the second HDD to my laptop and it works great. And HP's HDD drop protection feature also works great with this cable (This feature protects the HDD by blocking the HDD usage temporarily when the laptop detects a fall or a sudden movement).

You can buy 450.0ED02.0001 or 450.0E807.0021Both cables will work well. You can find these in the online stores.

The supported models are:

15M-CNxxxxxx (15M-CN0011DX, 15M-CN0012DX......)
15M-CPxxxxxx (15M-CP0011DX, 15M-CP0012DX.......)
15-CNxxxxxx    (15-CN1055CL.....)

15-CPxxxxxx    (15-CP0053CL......) (Any model that fits these templates)

450.0ED02.0001450.0ED02.0001

The supported cables for these laptop models will have their fifth pin missing like the above image. Make sure of that before buying.

HP Recommended

450.0ED02.0001. Buy this cable. Available in both Amazon and Ebay. This cable will work great.

HP Recommended

450.0ED02.0001 This cable will work well for your laptop. If you want international shipping, buy it from here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDD-Cable-For-HP-ENVY-X360-15-CN-15-CN0007TX-15-CN0006TX-450-0ED02-0001-Bra...

HP Recommended

Your Amazon link to the cable and generic enclosure worked for me. It wasn't a perfect fit but works.

I am using a Envy x360 15 -CP0053, which is the Ryzen version. Thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.