Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HDD mounting bracket and SATA cable HP 14s-fq0042no

HP Recommended
HP 14s-fq0042no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just purchased the laptop HP 14s-fq0042no with 256 GB nvme SSD and no SATA drive. Its way too small and I would like to install an additional SATA drive in it. Unfortunately no mounting bracket and SATA cable come with the laptop and now I don't know where to buy them. I would also want to know if it's even possible to put an 2.5" SSD in there before opening it in the first place, alot of manufacturers nowadays think it's a good idea to not include the space. I would prefer to purchase the parts directly from HP but anywhere on the net is fine just to be sure they would fit.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
88,651 88,537 11,317 24,308
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wwwte 

From manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06642370.pdf

The series does NOT support dual storage therefore NO available parts for a 2.5" HDD/SSD.

HP is following other vendors to supply ONLY M.2 slot(s) for storage. I've got 4 machines in front of me right now do not have this option, namely

• HP Elitebook 840 G5,
  • HP Envy 15-ee0xxx,
  • Microsoft Surface Pro
  • Dell Inspiron  13-7xxx

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. Guess I'll just return the laptop then. Vote with your wallet people, these laptop manufacturers are getting away with murder.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation