Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my hdd is work %100 all time, how can i solve this problem?

I check hdd, no bad sector.

I have Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz

4GB A-DATA Technology 1600MHz Ram

Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

1 TB 5400 rpm SATATOSHIBA HDD

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

There can be hard drive problems that are not bad sectors. If you just ran chkdisk, you also need to run the full diagnostic test on the hard drive. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZqzhJ7kawo

HP Recommended

run the full diagnostic test and my hdd cant pass the test, how can ı solve this problem?

HP Recommended

You mean it fails the test? If so, the hard drive needs replaced.

HP Recommended

Yes, i mean it fails, but ı use my laptop, only 2 years, how can it possible?

HP Recommended

Hard drives are prone to failure. That is why its necessary to back up. Can we help you locate and install a new hard drive or perhaps upgrade to a solid state drive?

HP Recommended

Hi, my hdd model, Toshiba MQ04ABF100,

i find this new hdd,

Toshiba 2,5'' 1TB L200 SATA 3.0 128MB Önbellek 5400Rpm 7mm Harddisk - Vatan Bilgisayar

can i use this hdd, Will it be compatible with my computer?

HP Recommended

my laptop model, HP 15-BS153NT 4UK80EA 

HP Recommended

Yes it will be compatible, but as I said you might consider a 2.5 inch SATA3 solid state drive instead. Several times faster and no moving parts so not as prone to failure. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.