Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I am looking for firmware upgrade for HP ENVY 17 notebook with HGST HTS721010A9E630 (firmware:JB0OA3U0 [A3U0]). 
Drive passes all tests but system is very slow. No bad or remapped sectors. Seems there is newer firmware(JB0DB490[B490]) which solves this but only for DELL

Fixes & Enhancements:
Fixes:
- Fixed bug that cause a performance drop in a certain configuration.

There are SP72657 and SP72533 softpaqs for this model but upgrade doesn't recognize these updates are from year 2015.

S.M.A.R.T. readings
Spoiler

HD Tune: HGST Health

ID Current Worst ThresholdData Status
(01) Raw Read Error Rate 100 100 62 0 Ok
(02) Throughput Performance 100 100 40 0 Ok
(03) Spin Up Time 119 119 33 2 Ok
(04) Start/Stop Count 100 100 0 1159 Ok
(05) Reallocated Sector Count 100 100 5 0 Ok
(07) Seek Error Rate 100 100 67 0 Ok
(08) Seek Time Performance 100 100 40 0 Ok
(09) Power On Hours Count 83 83 0 7651 Ok
(0A) Spin Retry Count 100 100 60 0 Ok
(0C) Power Cycle Count 100 100 0 1159 Ok
(BF) G-sense Error Rate 100 100 0 0 Ok
(C0) Power Off Retract Count 100 100 0 1310763 Ok
(C1) Load Cycle Count 72 72 0 288730 Ok
(C2) Temperature 153 153 0 524327 Ok
(C4) Reallocated Event Count 100 100 0 0 Ok
(C5) Current Pending Sector 100 100 0 0 Ok
(C6) Offline Uncorrectable 100 100 0 0 Ok
(C7) Ultra DMA CRC Error Count 200 200 0 0 Ok
(DF) Load/Unload Retry Count 100 100 0 0 Ok

Power On Time : 7651
Health Status : Ok

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Susliks Is that the drive that came with your device?

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

When was the last time it worked without the performance drops?

And did you upgrade the BIOS? If not, click here to update the same.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes it has latest BIOS but slowness is still there. It has always been slow but just couldn't find he reason and there was hope that updating to latest BIOS and Windows it will run better. Passes all HP tests.

Info from HP Hardware diagnostics(language set to English but it still shows in local)

Ražotājs: Hewlett-Packard
Modelis: HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
Sistēmas ID: 1966
Izstrādājuma ID: F2V65EA#ABU
Atmiņas lielums:8192 MB RAM
BIOS datums: 03/06/2017
BIOS laidiens: F.69
Sērijas numurs: 5********7

HP Recommended

@Susliks It looks like the only firmware available for your device is sp77075.exe from Sep 8, 2016, Seagate Hard Drive ST1000LM024/ST750LM022 Firmware Update,

If this doesn't help, I suggest you work on resolving the slow performance issues, without the firmware:

Perform regular maintenance to improve the performance of your computer. Use the information in this document to control when applications run, adjust how your computer uses memory resources, and reduce heat inside your computer.

If you are using a new computer and the performance is slow, go to Computer Is Slow When Used for the First Time (Windows 10) for more information.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My bad. It appears the HDD is replaced from other HP laptop and didn't have it originally. Originally it had 5400rpm HGST HTS541010A9E680 (Firmware:JA0OA590 [A590]) but it was slow and developed errors so now is used as external backup drive. Strange that errors are no longer there, see report

For this drive there were a sp76532 and sp72657 available.

FIXES:
- Fixes a BitLocker drive encryption error that occurs when encrypting multiple
partitions at the same time
- Fixes a SATA CRC (Cyclic Redundacy Check) error
- Fixes a hard drive SMART error

HP Recommended

@Susliks In that case, if you have errors with the replacement drive that you've upgraded, you may want to reach out to the place of purchase, 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is salvaged from some other HP computer with HP HDD part number " 752862-002" 

HP Recommended

@Susliks

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.