Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-bp060sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need a replacement battery for the hp 14-bp060sa laptop.

The battery only charges a small amount then stops charging.

I had it plugged in for 3 hours and it only got to 56%.

The HP diagnosis said there is a failure in the battery and it needs to be replaced.

I live in Ireland.

Where can I find a reliable source for a reliable original battery?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I left the laptop plugged in after shutdown for 12 hours and it only charged 2%.

Your website is a joke.

If you live in Ireland you have no support.

You're expected to ring some premium phone number and pay for support.

There's no batteries on your parts site for this laptop.

All your other so called parts sellers have nothing in stock.

Neither HP themselves or anyone will reply on your forum.

I will have to buy a third party battery on eBay or something because I can tell I won't be getting any help from HP or anyone on this site.

Does this laptop even work with third party batteries?

Does it detect them or will it screw up?

HP Recommended

Hi @quinnd6

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help but that was a useless waste of time.

The number was for a UK HP call centre.

They wouldn't sell me the battery for the  laptop as it was an internal battery HP refused to sell it to me(ridiculous). They would only agree to install it themselves which costs a fortune.

They recommended I call their parts store which they didn't even have the number for because they only had the UK parts store number.

Complete waste of time contacting HP support.

Anyway I found the parts store number on the website I rang them and they give me the code for the wrong battery an external one.

I'm going to have to open up the laptop anyway and check the part number so I get the right battery.

For me in this case contacting HP was just a complete waste of time.

I should have just rang the parts store.

HP were no help at all absolutely zero help.

Thanks for trying but useless.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.