Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14-bw515au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have this Notebook (HP 14-bw515au) with AMD E2-9000e and I know its a Passively Cooled after 3 months because there is no airflow from the side of the Notebook and it's Thermally Throttle so badly, after 3 years searching and slaying 20 Dragons I finally got the right type of Heatsink for this type of notebook it's from (HP 14 bw500au) with AMD A9 I believe, I'm not kidding I did a long research to determine which type of motherboard is the same as mine and has a fan and heatsink.

Finally got my fan and Heatsink Installed "BTW Thankyou HP for still give this model power slot for the Fan, even this is a passive one"  Ehem... So.. The fan is Spinning  and time to test the Temperature, the Result is surprised me With World Of tanks Blitz From (70 with Stock HeatSink)  to (39℃ with New Heatsink) And AMD PowerPlay setting set to Maximum performance. But If I Play more then 30 minutes with Maximum Performance the GPU Core Clock and Memory Clock drop From 400 To 200 And Memory From 900 to 600 which is Half of this Notebook Power.

So my Question Is...

Is there any Way to Stop this Notebook Throttle behaviour, it's Not Thermal Throttle I believe because it's only Sitting At 39℃ , I'm Already Try to search In BIOS but nothing there "Not in ADVANCED Menu because it's Locked by HP" And Already Update to latest Version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Updates

As previously mentioned, my problem was that the APU throttled at maximum performance in 60 minutes, even the CPU just sat at 39℃ . After researching more about this notebook I understand that Maximum performance setting is the same as using nitrous oxide on a racing car, it's fast but can damage the device if used for too long.

Why I want more performance is to be able to play  world of tanks blitz at 60FPS low setting.

And using maximum performance is a No No because of the Throttle, It's able to get stable 60FPS but not for long.

So I have to use power saving modeand to get stable 60fps I have to do some tweaking.

and what I do is :
- install heatsink on ram "only aluminum foil tape, and some components to protect RAM"
- increase VRAM from 80mb to 512mb  " it's hard to do, but I did it " 
- Undervold from 0.875V to 0.825V  "just a small drop"
- using a vacuum cooler  "reduce the temperature even lower"
- make windows as light as possible  "no apps running in the background"

- using latest driver

and others

And well I did it, finally I can get stable 60fps in power saving mode and it can be sustained for more than 60 minutes.

since my game is only world of tanks blitz, this kind of performance will be enough for me.

And it's save to say, My problem solved  ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

If anyone know how to sustain Igpu clock speed at Maximum performance setting, please tell me

Others laptop can sustain their maximum performance, but why this laptop can't.

my laptop runs on single leg instead of two, but for now I'm satisfied with the performance   (^o^)👍

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Stock.jpg

Upgrade.jpg

Its spining.jpg

I have replaced the default heatsink with a better one, is there anything I can do to improve the performance of this notebook, I mean I'm not sure if it's throttle because of the heat, but it's still throttle and I don't know what kind of throttle it is

HP Recommended

VRM.jpg

Or this thing causing the throttle, what is this called...VRM?
is it possible to cause CPU throttle ?

I touched it during stress test and it's hot, not hot enough to reduce my HP (Hit Points) but it's hot

HP Recommended

Updates

As previously mentioned, my problem was that the APU throttled at maximum performance in 60 minutes, even the CPU just sat at 39℃ . After researching more about this notebook I understand that Maximum performance setting is the same as using nitrous oxide on a racing car, it's fast but can damage the device if used for too long.

Why I want more performance is to be able to play  world of tanks blitz at 60FPS low setting.

And using maximum performance is a No No because of the Throttle, It's able to get stable 60FPS but not for long.

So I have to use power saving modeand to get stable 60fps I have to do some tweaking.

and what I do is :
- install heatsink on ram "only aluminum foil tape, and some components to protect RAM"
- increase VRAM from 80mb to 512mb  " it's hard to do, but I did it " 
- Undervold from 0.875V to 0.825V  "just a small drop"
- using a vacuum cooler  "reduce the temperature even lower"
- make windows as light as possible  "no apps running in the background"

- using latest driver

and others

And well I did it, finally I can get stable 60fps in power saving mode and it can be sustained for more than 60 minutes.

since my game is only world of tanks blitz, this kind of performance will be enough for me.

And it's save to say, My problem solved  ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

If anyone know how to sustain Igpu clock speed at Maximum performance setting, please tell me

Others laptop can sustain their maximum performance, but why this laptop can't.

my laptop runs on single leg instead of two, but for now I'm satisfied with the performance   (^o^)👍

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.