Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-bs192od Laptop

Is this Hp product(HP 15-bs192od Laptop) RAM expandable ?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Similar question, from a few days ago:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/M-2-Drive-type/td-p/6427691

seems to have a good answer about SSD drives, and a hyperlink to your computer's specifications, namely that the standard RAM is 8GB -- which is "plenty" for running Windows 10.  Actually, my experience is that 4 GB is a good amount, and that 8 GB is "too much".

HP Recommended

I have that laptop and purchased another 8 gb stick to bring total memory to 16gIMG_0033.jpg

HP Recommended

> I have that laptop and purchased another 8 gb stick to bring total memory to 16gb.

When you run the Windows Task Manager, and switch to the "Performance" tab, how much RAM is used when the computer is "idle" -- no running any programs (MS Word, web-browser, computer game), and how much RAM is used when you have several programs open (MS Outlook, MS Excel, Adobe Reader, and a computer game) ?

]

It would be interesting to know if any of that "new" 8GB is being used.

[Yes, one can buy a Ferrari, and drive through a 30 Km/hour school-zone to drop-off your child at school, but that really does not fully use its potential.]

HP Recommended

It's probably unnecessary and over the top yes, but I'm going to keep this laptop for years to come so I figured it was a worthwhile investment for me. I know that the ram will be faster with two sticks of memory because it activates dual channel. 2 x 4gb will be slightly faster than 1 x 8gb because dual channel speeds will activate. I've also kind of assume that if memory was available, maybe more would be used by the system. I didn't do a ton of research, but I believe the integrated graphcis in the system borrows available memory from the system, so the more you have and the faster the memory is, the graphics should be better for light gaming.

HP Recommended

I'm like you and tend to use computers like I do my cars... buy them new and use them until the wheels (or internal parts) all go their separate ways. I agree on the good to have the extra memory for performance and I tend to keep many windows and applications up at the same time. I hope it works for you.

I bought this laptop gambling that I would be able to upgrade memory to 16gb. My concerns were power supply and heat dissipation since HP says it is not upgradeable. Are you seeing any issues yet?  Did it come with just 1 8gb stick with an open slot available?

Thanks!

HP Recommended
Yes, one 8gb and one open slot. I haven’t had any power or heat issues, but I haven’t done much more than 4K streaming at this point.
HP Recommended
The specs for the 15-bs192od at https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05811173 indicate the single RAM stick is 8GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM. However, app. 7 of the Maintenance and Service Guide at https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-bs100-Laptop-PC/16851388/model/18269664 says DDR4-2400 for 15-bs1* laptops.

1. Did you notice whether your original 8GB stick was DDR4-2133 or 2400?

2. Since the Intel® UHD Graphics 620 shares the i7-8550U memory, is there any reason why all 16GB could not be used during high-demand graphics editing or gaming?
DeskJet 3755 ePrint
HP Recommended

which stick was the original the photo top or bottom.

thread below questions the 2400 stick to doc listed below that shows other.  

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.