Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-db1022np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sirs,

I have bought a HP 15-db1022np (Ryzen 5 3500u + 8GB RAM + 512SSD + Vega8) last week and would like to add more RAM.

Does it Support 16GB RAM?

And 32GB?

Is there a place where I can see that information?

In the product page it says that the suported RAM is DDR 2400 but in this computer it has a DDR4 2667. Is it normal?

This means that it works with the 2667? or have been a mistake in the instalation of this memory?

If ir supports 16GB RAM, can i Buy 2*8GB DDR 4 2400? Or Should I Buy 2* 8GB DDR4 2666?

If I buy the Memory and go to a store to be installed do I lose the warranty?

Thank You Very Much for Your Help!

Kind Regards

1.PNG

Memory RAM Upgrade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would have to say that the difference would be very slight, if any difference at all, and not noticeable.

The memory is going to run at 2400 MHz no matter what brand or type you install.

If it were me that had a notebook with one 8 GB chip, I would just add a second one, rather than to spend the extra money adding two memory chips and seeing little if any return on my investment.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06245081

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

HP indicates the max is 16 GB (2 x 8 GB).

HP may have installed 2666 memory in there, but it is only going to run at 2400 Mhz.

I would just add another 8 GB PC4-2666 memory module of the same specifications as the one in there now.

This is a peer to peer forum.  We cannot tell you exactly what the warranty terms are.

However, normally you can upgrade the PC yourself or by an non-HP authorized service center without voiding the warranty, as long as you don't break anything in the process of doing the upgrades.

I suggest reading the service manual for your PC before attempting to work on it.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank You for the quick answer.

Once the limitiation of 2400 happens, do you think it is better to add another memory of 8G of the same tipe OR put some higher performance modules of 2400 (for instance: https://www.pcdiga.com/memoria-ram-so-dimm-g-skill-ripjaws-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-2400mhz-cl16 ) ?

Do I see a better performance or not realy?

Thank You for Your Help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would just add a second 8 GB memory module of the same type.

I don't think the 'higher performance' memory would make much of a difference anyway, unless you plan to extensively use the notebook for gaming.

HP Recommended

Thank You for the quick answer.

I Intent to also play some games. Do I see some diference or it is just a slight increase that I realy dont see?

Thnak You

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would have to say that the difference would be very slight, if any difference at all, and not noticeable.

The memory is going to run at 2400 MHz no matter what brand or type you install.

If it were me that had a notebook with one 8 GB chip, I would just add a second one, rather than to spend the extra money adding two memory chips and seeing little if any return on my investment.

HP Recommended

Thank You Very much for Your Help!

Kind Regards!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am sorry to bother You again.

I have lanched the HP Support Assistant and the CPU-z to know exactly which memory to buy.

It seems that it is 8GB DDR4 Hynix 2667MHz hma81gs6jjr8n-vk

I have searchad and contacted several shops and they said me that they could not get this kind of memory, it was only available to manufacturer.

Do you know where to buy it? (I am from Portugal).

If I buy another 8GB DDR4 2666, will it work in dual chanel? even if they are from 2 diferent brands (and also diferent latency)

Thank You

HP Recommended

Ok, so HP installed 2666 Mhz memory.

Yes, a second 8 GB memory module will allow the PC to run in dual channel mode.

See if you can get this similar model in Portugal:

https://www.crucial.com/Product2_10151_10151_1505003_-1____

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.