Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-e146us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I would like to upgrade the ram in my laptop. It has two ram slots, one has a 4gb DDR3 ram module and the other has a 2gb DDR3 ram module. I would like to buy a 4gb ram module that is identical to the one already in the laptop and use it to replace the 2gb module, giving me a total of 8gb of ram. Where can I find an identical 4gb ram module?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HPlaptop513

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you want information about upgrading your RAM,

Here's what is supported by your product:

Two customer-accessible/upgradable:

memory module slots Support for DDR3L (1600 MHz) dual channel Support for DDR3L-1600 MHz single channel

(for use on computer models equipped with an AMD A6-5200, A4-500, or E1-2500 processor)

Support for up to 12288 MB of system RAM in the following configurations:

● 12288 MB (8192 MB x 1+ 4096 MB x 1), not supported for use with computer models equipped with a 32 bit OS

● 8192 MB (8192 MB×1, 4096 MB×2), not supported for use with computer models equipped with a 32 bit OS

● 6144 MB (4096 MB+2048 MB), not supported for use with computer models equipped with a 32 bit OS

● 4096 MB (4096 MB×1)

Click here for your service and maintenance user's guide (look for RAM under search).

For upgradable options, you could also check this website: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@HPlaptop513

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you want information about upgrading your RAM,

Here's what is supported by your product:

Two customer-accessible/upgradable:

memory module slots Support for DDR3L (1600 MHz) dual channel Support for DDR3L-1600 MHz single channel

(for use on computer models equipped with an AMD A6-5200, A4-500, or E1-2500 processor)

Support for up to 12288 MB of system RAM in the following configurations:

● 12288 MB (8192 MB x 1+ 4096 MB x 1), not supported for use with computer models equipped with a 32 bit OS

● 8192 MB (8192 MB×1, 4096 MB×2), not supported for use with computer models equipped with a 32 bit OS

● 6144 MB (4096 MB+2048 MB), not supported for use with computer models equipped with a 32 bit OS

● 4096 MB (4096 MB×1)

Click here for your service and maintenance user's guide (look for RAM under search).

For upgradable options, you could also check this website: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.