Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating to Windows 10 version 1709, I have been receiving the HP Accelerometer error message.  I search and downloaded the following Service Packs.  SP78033, SP81142, and SP8228

HP_Accelerometer_error.JPG

None of them have corrected the issue on my notebook.

Is there other solution that I my try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mac0730

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

• When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the sp81142package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.
  • Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.
  • When done, hold down the Windows key and press R
  • Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
  • In Device Manager, expand System devices, right click the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor entry and select 'Update Driver Software'.
  • In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.
  • In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted sp81142 folder you pasted on your Desktop.
  • Browse into the sub-folder InstallFiles, open the folder Win10, left click on the file accelerometer to highlight it and then click Open.
  • Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.
  • When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the notebook.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Mac0730,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. 

I understand you are getting hp accelerometer doesn't work on this version of windows. An updated app may be available error on your PC.

Don't worry I'll help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

As you mentioned you are getting hp accelerometer doesn't work on this version of windows. An updated app may be available error on your PC.

This issue can be caused due to third-party application conflict on your PC.

There will be no harm to your PC. However, you will keep getting the error on your PC unless you try the steps recommended below.

Download the latest supported Visual C++ from this link and install it on your PC and check if you get the error.

Also, try updating the drivers from support assist and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

Alternatively, I have checked the records and found an article related to the issue you have mentioned.

Try updating the HP 3D drive guard software version to 6.0.44.1.

Refer this article to know more information.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

(a) Uninstall HP 3D DriveGuard from Device Manager,
(b) Reboot your machine,
(c) Download and install

Update the HP 3D drive guard using this link.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Didn't resolve the issue.  

I downloaded and installed the Visual C++ 2017 redistributed software.  Uninstalled the HP 3D drive software.  Installed SP82228 (6.0.44.1)

Still receiving the error message.

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@Mac0730

Thanks for the reply.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

• When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the sp81142package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.
  • Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.
  • When done, hold down the Windows key and press R
  • Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
  • In Device Manager, expand System devices, right click the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor entry and select 'Update Driver Software'.
  • In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.
  • In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted sp81142 folder you pasted on your Desktop.
  • Browse into the sub-folder InstallFiles, open the folder Win10, left click on the file accelerometer to highlight it and then click Open.
  • Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.
  • When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the notebook.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for all your assistgnaces in resolving this issue.  

Now to fix the next issue with the HP Simple Pass 

HP Recommended

@Mac0730

Thanks for the reply.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I too have Windows 10 1709 build 16299.64 and have the incompatible HP Accelerometer message.

I have uninstalled it, rebooted, installed that latest HP Accelerometer software and rebooted.

I again get the incompatible HP Accelerometer message.

Have HP actually revised the software to be compatible?

HP Recommended

fivish, please look at previous solution from Sandytechy20 dated 11-26-2017.  Follow the steps, it resolved my issue 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, information provided above was not able to resolve error, but did find a solution on microsoft website to install HP 3D DriveGuard.  After installing, no longer received error message and no additional issues.    

Link below: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/hp-accelerometer-update...

Download and install HP 3D DriveGuard:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe

HP Recommended
My laptop cursor doesn't show and tuchpad or keyboard doesn't work.

How do download and install "Updater driver software"???!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.