Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4193nr (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am currently in the latest BIOS which is version F.53. I was attempting to do a system recovery with a recovery media from HP but the installation failed. Upon reviewing the error file I discovered that the BIOS file in the installation did not install. I attempted to downgrade the BIOS to the original one that came with my device but got an error message stating that the signature file was not found. the method in which I attempted to perform the downgrade was detailed here https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833. Any advice as to how I can downgrade the BIOS since I am unable to send the laptop to HP.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @danielsookoo

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. As we have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately HP in my region does not support out of warranty products.

HP Recommended

@asmita6658 After consulting with some local HP techs in my country it was advised that certain values in the BIOS may have been changed in the recent update F.53 and that the original windows installation form HP was requisition certain values to be matched from an answer file. Can someone at HP confirm weather or not this has been true and thus causing the failed installation or the requisition values have not been changed and it ism ust my motherboard that has the corrupted BIOS.

HP Recommended

@danielsookoo

For the previous version of BIOS, click on this link

> BIOS > HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) > Previous version

See if this helps. 

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@asmita6658 As indicated before the BIOS is locked and cannot be downgraded only reinstallation of the current BIOS and upgrades are allowed. What I am saying is after the latest BIOS F.53, for some reason it has changed some system files or corrupted them resulting in the recovery os the OS not being completed. I tried hard to get the HP phone support to request an investigation into they issue to confirm whether or not it is in-fact the current BIOS fault or simply my device. I would really like some assistance in confirming whether or not it is the latest BIOS needs to be fixed to my device itself. 

HP Recommended

@danielsookoo

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.