Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

"Gurner" ribbon fold solution worked perfectly for me! Very clear and accurate. Thanks for a very good piece of detective work.

HP Recommended

Take a thin piece of metal like a flathead screw driver and just lever off the top pannel.  It will make a snapping noise and it always feels like its about to break but they haven't broken for me yet.  Also make sure you have taken out ALL of the screws, there are some under the rubber stands on the bottom of the Chromebook.

- Travis

HP Recommended

This fix worked for me! HP really likes to use a lot of hardware - 13 screws holding the case together, 3 well hidden under the hinge end rubber feet.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my keyboard however when I take apaprt the HP Notebook (chromebook) PC 14 it looks different to your photos. Please could you help? I can attach photos of what mine looks like. thank you.  

HP Recommended

The 8, i, and k keys haven't worked for months and I just fixed them in 30 minutes with a 2" piece of electrical tape! Thanks for posting this easy fix!

HP Recommended
I am having the same issue with second chrome book as I exchanged the first and now the k,I & 8 work very sporadically. My warranty is past a do need for school. I am not sure what to do as I used it very little mostly for mail and watching Netflix previously. Is hp offering a replacement or anything? Ian a long time hp user but have experienced numerous issues with several products recently and am thinking of trying a Mac.
HP Recommended

I tried the remove and reinstall the ribbon cable fix but alas it didn't work for me. I popped off the key cap but could see nothing amiss. Unfortunately I damaged the little plastic pieces so that the "i" key wouldn't go back in place. It didn't work anyway, so not much of a loss.

I did find a workaround though. I have a USB Keyboard-mouse switch with an empty slot. I use several computers on my desk with a Logitech K/B and mouse, so I attached it to the HP Chromebook. Now every key works on the Logitech K/B, but it's only until I can find a better large screen Chromebook. I hate to throw this one away as the display is so good!

HP Recommended

i feel you it sucks and I feel that hp should let us return it to them and send us a new one. I hate to buy new and chunk this one as it basically new.

HP Recommended

we should not have this issue at all nor should we need to work on our own products. I think HP should allow us to mail it back and send us a replacement like other companies do as part of customer service. I have not been able to use mine for more than 6 months as my password contains 2 of the letters not working. Truly sucks and the company does nothing about it.

HP Recommended

There seems to be no real fix as we have tried everything short of throwing it away. We bought for our daughter to use for school work and are long time hp users. I guess we go mac now as this laptop is junk.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.